1. Wild Frontier

The Wild Frontier has opened. Stake your claim as we enter Chapter 5 and a new era for the Expanse RP!

Dismiss Notice

SPACE Wrasslin'

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Brenda Hernandez, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Aurelia Juarez

Aurelia Juarez Hammer and Nails

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Juarez took a look at the bottle and shrugged, and took one of the glasses from Kasai, and then the other. Sending both down the back of her throat in a matter of seconds. "My right hook ain't nuthin' if I couldn't put on a dent in that armor of yours, Wild- erm, Kasai." She let her body lean up against the frame and figured it could withstand a few kilos of Martian for the moment. She acknowledged for now that the commander did not like the name and figured to tease her with it later. When they were both in better spirits.

"I came up cause I figured - if I was bein' drummed off," the thickness of the accent seemed to increase between the two shots. Mariner Valley may have been a far cry from Salton, but there was still something about 'Southerners' from Earth and the way Mars was settled that seemed to creep up into the tones of the voice. "I might as well make it a good one, but I'll leave you be."

She spun on her heels the two shot glasses in one arm and the bottle of shine in the other. Whistled an old Martian tune for good measure as she popped the bottle back, liquid poured into her mouth and ran down her throat burning all the way down. She muttered something about the Strident. Juarez didn't want to be transferred but figured the commander was more about her reputation which was fine she supposed and wondered then in the moment about life beyond the rules, and the regulations. If she wasn't just another Mickie patroller wandering the galaxy spreading the love and joy of Martian Martial Law.

Turns out, Jaurez wasn't nearly as far from Skipper's cabin as she thought, but nonetheless, as she stopped a moment and poured herself another shot. "It's been a good one Nergal."

Irkalla Kasai likes this.
  2. Irkalla Kasai

Irkalla Kasai That’s ‘Commander’ to you.

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Still leaning on the frame of her door, Kasai let out a long sigh and dropped her forehead against a palm. Fuck. They’d tell you getting older means getting wiser, but even now, in her forties, Irkalla couldn’t say she felt any more skilled at navigating the treacherous waters that were people’s emotions.

Shoot down a target half a klick away? No problem.

Hunt down belter pirates in an asteroid field? Done yesterday, sir.

But this?

“Juarez—” she called out before she could stop herself – before the marine disappeared around the corner. “Why’d you do it? Really?”

3. Aurelia Juarez

Aurelia Juarez Hammer and Nails

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Why'd you do it? Kasai's question hung stale in the air, Juarez stopped her movements. Glasses clinked in her hand, shoulders slumped why did anyone do anything. There was an opportunity, leverage, a chance to make a play to get one more hit in on the fight. Didn't work out that way did it? No. She titled her head back, eyes shut. The Nergal hummed beneath her feet and slowly she turned just enough to look down in Kasai's direction. "I saw an opportunity."

"Rank no rank, even if you weren't my CO. I'd do it again, regardless of the consequences. Life's too short not to take a risk or two," Juarez replied,"not sure what else you're looking for Commander." Her voice was down to a low gravel as if she'd been dragged across the gravity torture rooms. She would wait another moment or two, as the low lights of the ship splashed their illumination down and let her shadow cut through their light.

Irkalla Kasai likes this.
  4. Irkalla Kasai

Irkalla Kasai That’s ‘Commander’ to you.

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Still leaning on the doorframe, the Commander listened with arms crossed and lips drawn into a thin line. Everything Martian inside her revolted against this kind of thinking – know your place, Kasai – but her green eyes seemed to soften anyhow.

If anyone ever asked, she would claim it was only a play of light.

Her tired features let slip a rare expression – a rueful twist of a smile. “I’m not sure I know either.”

There was only the soft whirr of the ship in the silence that followed. Kasai recovered her slate mask with a blink, pulling up to full height again. “But thank you. Good night, Sergeant. And… thank you for your service.”

Aurelia Juarez likes this.