CERES Wounded

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Tadgh, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Azimuth Medical Bay

Tadgh had the computer read off the full damage report. It wasn't pretty reading. The impact sites had buckled the Hull. Azimuth had been using thrusters to compensate for what was essentially a kink in the hull that had the main drive firing off centre. They weren't going anywhere far until the outer hull was stripped from the middle of the ship and the structural damage repaired. At least a week in docks. Not cheap work.

Tadgh already had a sidearm at his belt when the lift dropped him off at the medical bay. Stepping in he found both @Steven Maguire and @Lyla in beds. He breathed a sigh of relief. Steven had to be carried here but he had been worried the engineer would keep working until she collapsed.

He was carrying two full sized work terminals and he handed them each the report. He was certain both would need to review.

"Expensive work. And that's before we strip back the damaged plating and see what's there were the sensors got knocked out."

He dropped to one knee beside Lyla, taking her hand between both of his. Tadgh's eye turned to the displays. He couldn't read medical jargon but it looked as if her blood oxygen levels were getting back to normal. Looking at Lyla he grimaced briefly. Tadgh hadn't really intended such a familiar gesture with the captain lying three feet away.

He turned towards Steven. At least this wasn't his biggest problem of the day.

"I'm going to go onto Ceres and see what state the docks are in. Also... I should admit I've been seeing your engineer for a week." Tadgh waited to see how that admission would go down. He didn't know Steven well enough to know, but in hindsight he possibly should have given him a little extra morphine first.

HSAR and Lyla like this.
  2. Steven Maguire

Steven Maguire Gotta keep flyin'.

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    The captain huffed - whether from pain, exasperation or some mix of the two it wasn't easy to tell.

"Don't worry about the money - Uncle Niael's covering this one. Check the accounts, the transfer should have gone through by now."

Then he tried to sit up, which made the monitors very agitated until the old Martian gave up and slumped back down.

"As for the other thing... hell, it's about time. You people sure move slow these days. Keep it professional on duty an' we won't have an issue. I don't run a Navy ship. An' if you're going out on the docks... you packing? Don't take your normal peashooter, take some proper firepower. Now's not a time to be dip-lo-matic."

Her Manus and Lyla like this.
  3. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A small smile played at the corner of Lyla's mouth after Steven's response. Even having been on the man's crew for over a year now, she hadn't been quite sure how the captain was going to handle the news that his first officer was involved with the engineer. She had seen things going one of two ways: either Steven was completely fine with it, or he freaked out and kicked one of them off the ship.

Fortunately for everyone involved, his response was actually one of encouragement.

Her eyes flicked to meet Tadgh's gaze and her smile spread a little further across her lips. It was a pleasant distraction from the dismal news that was displayed on the terminal she had been handed a few moments prior. At least this weight was lifted off her shoulders, it was one less thing that she had to worry about.

When Steven mentioned carrying actual weapons, Lyla's nose wrinkled slightly and she quickly dropped her gaze back to the terminal. The trauma from their last trip to Ceres was still poignant, perhaps her physical injuries might have healed, but the wounds were still fresh in her mind.

"I'll leave that to Tadgh." She murmured a few moments later.

Her Manus, Tadgh and HSAR like this.
  4. Steven Maguire

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Maguire huffed again at the tender moment. Seconds later, when she broke eye contact, he withheld comment but flicked a meaningful glance at Tadgh.

I trust you, but make sure you deal with this situation. Alright?

"You ain't going anywhere, Red. At least until the doc says you're a hundred per-cent."

The irony of the situation seemed to be entirely lost on the heavily wounded captain.

#4 Steven Maguire, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Tadgh and Lyla like this.
  5. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    He offered Steven a curt nod and Lyla a brief smile. His hand subconsciously went to the year old wound on his shoulder from the last time he had visited Ceres on the Gold tail and been shot. He didn't have the best luck here.

"Last time I had a bad time with some UN folk for being too well armed. I'd rather stick with the side arm. Be enough if some kids are looking to cause trouble but the UN and MCRN still seem to have a heavy presence here.

"Might be a while until we get seen. Sounds like one of the piers got his by debris too. For now decks one to four are off limits. Four has pressure but thought we should play it safe. Azimuth decided to shut down the reactor so we're running off Ceres power now."

That had gone past relatively smoothly. No additional morphine required.

Lyla and HSAR like this.
  6. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    It took her a moment to realize that what she said implied that she wanted Tadgh to go off on his own to deal with the problem; when in reality, she had only intended to say that she wanted him to be the one carrying the gun. Her nose wrinkled slightly and she bit at her bottom lip; skimming over the information on the terminal as quickly as she could. The damage was severe, but not irreparable at least.

"I really don't think you should go alone, Kearney." She murmured, raising her gaze from the glass display in her hand.

Though the captain had made it fairly obvious that he didn't want her going anywhere. Sitting in the medical bay while there were repairs to be done made her restless. Her attention drifted to Steven and she frowned slightly. "Do we need to get you a proper medical facility, Cap'n?"

Tadgh, HSAR and Kealoha Scarsi like this.
  7. Steven Maguire

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Me? Nah, no..."

Maguire made another valiant struggle to sit up, raising the monitors to a frenzy before the autodoc sedated him into unconsciousness.

Lyla and Tadgh like this.
  8. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I'll take the kid," Tadgh said, referring to Glen. He didn't panic when Steven went back under but moved quickly to the side of his bed. He turned the monitor towards himself, eyes flicking from side to side.

"Yeah I'm going to make the call to override you there bossmang," Tadgh muttered. He turned back towards Lyla.

"He's stable but that wound needs a professional hand. Probably more urgently than Azimuth does."

He walked back over and checked her own monitors, offering her a weary smile. "Oxygen mask for you when I'm gone okay?" he asked. "That went well. Be good for it to be out there. And I'll take Glen. But I'll put I might put him on reigns. And gag him. If he thinks the OPA is rising up he might run off on some quest."

HSAR and Lyla like this.
  9. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Lyla wrinkled her nose a little, shaking her head. "There's too much to be done for me to stay cooped up in the medical bay. At the very least, I can try to find a doctor for the Captain. He's too stubborn to recognize the danger he's in."

She laid the terminal across her lap and sat up a little straighter on the bed that she was on.

Her Manus and HSAR like this.