BELT Trapped In Amber

Discussion in 'Open Roleplay' started by Brandon Keener, Apr 18, 2019.

1. William Buttersworth

William Buttersworth Director of PS&E, Captain of the Revenge

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Bill sighed. "No..you're a human being. That much is obvious, but your armour is next generation. Having studied it quite extensively while you were unconscious I can see why Ganymede is now crawling with UN teams trying to find you...rest assured I've covered your tracks. You're quite safe from them here." He intentionally didn't address the mans challenge, eyeing the spiderweb of cracks spreading from where the mans fist had impacted the glass.

"I'm going in," he said, to the chief engineer standing near him. "Sir are you...are you sure that's a wise idea?"

"No it's a fucking stupid idea but if this man wants to see him not about to cut him up into pieces and sell him to the highest bidder...well, I have to treat him like a man...like an equal. No better way to show that than by having a scrap."

"Wait Sir...you're going to fight? Him?!"

Bill laughed, the faint light inside his pupils glowing a little brighter than usual. "Brain augments weren't the only thing the Core gave me. My bones are coated in ceramic..." He shed his coat, letting it fall to the ground revealing a singlet underneath. His arms flexed, black lines like tattoos traced down and around his muscles...and began to glow faintly.

"My muscles have been lined with reinforced fibres..." He pulled off the singlet, revealing more black lines spreading across his chest and abdomen. Pinpricks of light began to trace along them, "my mind as you know, it enhanced by the core giving me improved reflexes...and even control over objects around me..." As he spread has arms, robotic arms, drones and other automated machinery in the workspace reacted, articulating, rotating, extending and retracting.

"At the very least...I will hopefully not die. The man is a fucking mountain after all. If you see him going for the kill you have my permission to gas the room and knock him out." He made his way over to the entrance to the vault, a large circular airlock door and without a hint of effort, pulled it open.

"Understood, Sir....Uh...good luck Sir..."

"I'm going to need it..." He said, pulling the airlock shut behind him and cycling it, "but with an asset like him on our side...Think of the possibilities..."

The airlock cycled and the inner door swung inwards. The big man turned from the glass and faced him, an imposing fortress of a being covered in scuffed armour. Seeing Bill, bare chested and proud the hint of a smile passed across his lips before his expression returned to that of smouldering neutrality. Piece be piece he removed his armour once again, letting the pieces fall to the deck and leaving them where they landed. The last piece, his chest place, thudded to the deck with a clang.

"Well...I figured this was the best way to prove to you what I am. I want to best for you...for us. Just try not to kill m-" Bill's sentence was cut short as what felt like a freight train smashed into his face. The big man had covered the ground between them in a microsecond was pulling his fist back for another attack. Bill dodged to the side, as the mans fist slammed into the metal wall with a clang. Grunting, Bill ducked and rolled, taking the mans legs out from underneath him and bringing the mountain down.

With a quick motion Bill was on one knee, and launched himself shoulder first into Archangel. His shoulder connected with the man's ribs and was rewarded with the sound of the air being knocked explosively from the man's lungs. He lashed out with his own fists, landing hits to the ribs, the gut and even one to the mans jaw. But Archangel recovered quickly...rolling over and grappling Bill in a vice grip. He lifted him up, over his head and threw Bill against the far wall.

Bills vision exploded in stars as the world swam around him. Through his blurred vision he could see the man stalking across the room towards him, and unsteadily got to his feet whilst using the wall to brace himself. "Okay...lets do this..." he said, engaging the man for a second time.

Brandon Keener likes this.
  2. Brandon Keener

Brandon Keener Rogue UNMC TARAS Commando

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Brandon was surprised by the mans foolish attempt to gain his respect, but if he wanted to be crippled then that was what he was gonna give him.

After their first exchange it was clear to him that the mans augmentations were of fine quality, but he had nothing on him. His mind and body had been crafted to be the perfect warmachine, a human could never hope to compete with him.

While the man attempted to get back on his feet he kept studying him, watching the movement of his muscles and the way he moved. Then Brandon charged. Upon impact, Brandon wrapped his arms around the mans legs and tackled him against the wall, back first. The tackle was followed by a series of quick punches and kicks, until his opponent finally managed to get his arms up to defend himself and drove Brandon back. Now that the first few moments were over and both men were on relatively even ground it would be hard for either of them to get the upper hand.

So instead of trying to beat his enemy with blunt force, Brandon waited. For a few seconds Brandon went on the defensive, until he was just one step away from the wall. While his opponent was just going in for another punch Brandon ducked underneath his punch. Now standing behind his opponent Brandon took a step back and went for a kick straight in the back. As his foot connected with the mans bare back he was sent flying and smashed right into the wall.

Brandon didn't follow up on the attack, he doubted the man would be able to recover from the last kick.

3. William Buttersworth

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Pain erupted from Bill's back, along with a crunching sound which to him was worse. Pins and needles spread through his lower body, everywhere below where the kick had connected and with that a loss of some motor control. His legs gave out from underneath him, and he crumpled to the deck.

His ocular implant informed him, as the rest of his vision swam, that he had suffered a significant fracture to three vertebrae and a 65% change of spinal cord injury. He lay there for a moment, the big man standing a metre away staring down at him impassively. Bill coughed, the pain making motion difficult, and pushed himself up into a seated position. String down at his legs and feet he took a deep breath and tried to wiggle his toes. They responded, with a fresh explosion of pins and needles, but moving nonetheless.

Gripping the nearby gurney, he pulled himself back up onto his feet and after a moment of steadying himself, turned to face the big man once again. "I don't want to sell you out Archangel," he wiped his nose, coming away with blood. "I think we have a common enemy in the UNN. I could set you up with a safe place to stay. Hell even a ship, all I ask if that you join my service. Just for a year to see how you like it, and after that you're either free to go or stay."

He raised his fists again, expecting another bout. But in his mind he really hoped the big man was done.

Her Manus likes this.
  4. Brandon Keener

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Brandon could've easily crushed the mans skull like one of the melons he'd once stolen as kid. It was one of the few memories that sometimes returned to him from his time before the training. He remembered the cracking sound as a melon fell off a delivery truck, the sweet taste of the red meat and the intoxicating scent that seemed so divine after days of hunger. He was found of this one memory.

"And do what for you? Fight? That's all anyone ever wants me to do, all I ever knew how to do. Why can't you just leave me alone? I don't want to fight the UNN anymore than I wanna fight you." Truth was, he was tired, tired of fighting, tired of being pushed around, unable to do anything about it and not knowing what else to do.

"It's always just about what everyone else wants me to do! That ends now! I left the UN not just to join the next who wants me."

William Buttersworth likes this.
  5. William Buttersworth

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Bill blinked through slightly burred vision, and corrected his balance slightly. The big man was designed to be a weapon, but it sounded like he wanted nothing more than to settle down in the countryside. Bill hoped he could find a common ground, if not sending this man after his enemies then at least having a near unbeatable soldier nearby does have its uses. "Archangel...I don't want to use you, at least not as a killer. You're obviously very good at what you do...from my perspective the less people like you the UN have, the better."

The big man stood nearby. Too near for Bill's liking. He had proven he could cover even large distances in super human speed, and in their current situation he could probably kill Bill where he stood. At least until they gassed the room. "I'm not going to send you into battle. At least until you find a worthy cause. But I can offer you a safe place, a home, a job even. I have a security force, but they're unruly, undisciplined. They would benefit from a man like you teaching them."

Her Manus likes this.
  6. Brandon Keener

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I don't care about the UN."

Brandon wasn't sure he really knew what he cared about. The UN had given him a purpose, but they had also failed to handle him carefully. They had thought they could do what they wanted, which proved to be a fatal assumption.
    And now he was without guidance, finally free to do what he wanted, but not knowing what it was.

"You didn't listen did you?! I don't want to join the next best who wants me! That includes you, and you will let me go now!"

He took a step forward and picked up a piece of his armor.