Event Timely Interruption

Discussion in 'Open Roleplay' started by Raziel, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Glen offered to help Lyla onto her feet, though she didn't quite hear what he said to her. Probably something about if she was okay or not. Which was a silly question. Physically, she was fine.

Unfortunately, the mind tended to be a bit more fragile.

She'd seen her own share of violence in her days, but she'd never watched a woman get torn limb from limb. That wasn't human. People didn't eviscerate families in the blink of an eye and then barrel through a wall to continue on a rampage. What did you even classify that as? Monster, was the only thing that her brain could latch on to.

She passed a shaking hand through her curls, clearing her throat as she tried to find her voice.

"We're okay." She managed softly.

Tadgh and HSAR like this.
  2. Steven Maguire

Steven Maguire Gotta keep flyin'.

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Maguire's mouth was set in grim lines - the expression not much different from the one worn when the bills for docking and resupply came in. Apparently that was as far down as his range of expression reached.

"Tadgh, headcount and situation check. Make sure we have everyone, and find out what's happening at the docks. We need to get somewhere safe."

Tadgh likes this.
  3. Morne du Plessis

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Zay Boussaa @Kealoha Scarsi

Morné was all too aware that in a firefight between two groups of armoured and well-armed soldiers he was carrying a sidearm and had a flimsy emergency suit on. The protogen forces were just as well kitted as the Martians. He doubted his sidearm would do any damage unless he happened to strike a visor or the neck.

Rather the open fire he turned to his terminal as they took cover. The protogen vessel was still out there. It had made an attempt to hack into Tycho's systems but the station was defending itself. However the reactor was reporting strange fluctuations. A sudden, unexpected drain in power. He used his ops override and found himself a drone.

He gave it strict instructions on where to go next, but when it closed on their location he switched to manual piloting. He gave himself a good view of the protogen soldiers. Sleek shapes of gunmetal grey with blue visors. There had only been a handful of real soldiers on Thoth. These were their elite private soldiers. Likely some of the last of them. At least he hoped so. If they had a small fleet of stealth ships the OPA was in dire straits.

He picked out locations and transmitted them as hostile pings to the Martians. At least they would have numbers and rough locations.

When the call came he sent the drone into full speed. Through the small screen he saw several protogen soldier turn a moment before it slammed into one of them. He saw the drone tumbling along the ground before it reported heavy damage and then stopped transmitting.

When the call came he fired some shots. He managed to put a few rounds in a protogen soldiers. It did nothing, but the man's suit would report bullet impacts. No one liked being shot at. The soldier ducked back into cover. Several who took the brunt of martian weaponry were less fortunate.

4. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Tadgh did as he was instructed. It was easier than trying to rationalise what he had just witnessed. His eyes went from each member of the crew and then to his terminal. He pinged out an emergency status request to anyone left from the crew then hooked into the station's alerts system.

In the same instant the klaxons signalled for everyone to make an emergency exit. Tadgh projected a station map from his terminal. As he stepped carefully out into the main promenade. The creature had been bleeding, he realised. Perhaps the automatic weapons had done some damage. Little drops of glowing blue ooze marked its trail.

"Keeps trying to send us to an escape pod," he said. A few more taps and he convinced the station to give him the route he wanted.

"They won't tell me what the danger is. Our Dock is open. Twelve minutes to Azimuth, five to an escape pod and get someone closer to pick us up?" he asked. "Lyla, you might be able to cut that down if you can convince the station to give us a shorter route."

Tadgh took a breath, trying to bury what he had seen. He had a responsibility to the crew now. And a dire need to get far away from this place.

HSAR likes this.
  5. Zay Boussaa

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The situation seems for the moment to be under "control". Thanks to the help of the drones, it became much easier. The corridor in front of them is full of corpses. And only a handful of Protogen soldiers still seem to be fighting. And another one joins his colleagues on the ground. And another one, and another one.

The last one drops his weapon, then starts running in the other direction. A bullet goes through his neck and he dies. Zay lowers his weapon, his cannon mouth burning with deadly heat. He just killed the last one shot in the back of the head. No one around.......for the moment. His instincts tells him that others are coming.

He bends down and examines one of the weapons on the ground. One of the one used by Protogen's soldiers earlier. It looks like an assault weapon, but larger with rounded corners. A long line of orange colours runs through the middle of the barrel. The light flashes, which seems to indicate that there is no more ball. A glass viewfinder is deployed, but its pieces are scattered all over the place. Stupid idea.
    The weapon is so hot, it feels like it's radiating. Smoke comes out of the barrel's mouth and from what appears to be an opening for aerating the weapon. No clues on its manufacturer. But Zay picks up one of the casings that rolls on the ground and examines it. Even if he were blind, he'll be able to recognize the weapon. Well, at the same time, Protogen seems to have stealth ships, so what would stop them from having such a weapon?

Zay reloads his weapon and gets ready to leave with the rest of the group when he hears a moan. He stops and turns around. One of the protogene soldiers is still alive. Slowly, as if he were approaching a prey, he leans towards it and removes the ridiculous bucket that serves as a helmet.

Blood, he spits blood. Between panting with pain, a volute of blood comes out of his mouth. His right eyelids are closed, blood flowing from his forehead staining his eyelashes and finishing their race on cheeks. His black armor is stained with blood and red spots indicate his self-healing armor could not prevent bullets from piercing him. And his face seems to mean something to him.

- Have I seen you somewhere before?

He wants to answer, but only spitting blood spurts out of his mouth. He lifts his right arm, but he's too much effort for him and falls back to the ground.

- Wait, a decade ago - or two - you weren't on Eros? I mean, weren't you locked up for drug trafficking? I may have a shitty memory, but I remember very well the people I send to jail!

The soldiers' eyes open. For a short while blood enters his right eye, and he flinches with pain.

- Putain,I remember now. One of the delegation members was a finished drug addict. And he risked to fail the whole operation... No, he was actually a little jerk, incapable and incompetent and above all I wanted his job. So I found his supplier - that is, you and your friends - and set a trap.

Even more blood comes out of the soldier's mouth as he shakes his head in all directions. Each movement gives him pain, what makes him move, what makes him suffer, what makes him move and so on. The blood coming out of his mouth seems to be not only a sign that he's going to die. But mixed with... how to put it. It looks like he's spitting out blood of fustration and anger.

Then suddenly he turns his hateful eyes on Zay and slowly begins to stop moving. One spits out one last large amount of blood and all movement stops. The only thing that shows he's still alive and his hateful eyes are pointing at Zay. Then Zay slowly raises his gun and points it at him. No one around here seems to want to stop him.

The bullet ends his last moments of pain....

Taking a last look at the soldier and the surroundings. He picks up an assault weapon that hangs around the ground and joins the rest of the group. His day is long, and something makes him say that the rest of the road to the Nauvoo will be long....

@Kealoha Scarsi @Morne du Plessis

6. Kealoha Scarsi

Kealoha Scarsi OPA Politican

Scarsi only noticed through a heavy blurr what was happening around him.
    While trying to fight off the borders he had taken a bullet.

It had only strafed his Vac Helmet and not actually hit him, but small metal shards and plexiglass pieces had suddenly filled the inside how his helmet.

By ducking back into the corner he had probably avoided further damage but for the rest of the battle he just sat there with his head dizzy from the impact and his face full of blood and small shards that had pierced the skin. Taking off the helmet hadn´t done much. His eyes might´ve received some damage and blood was all over his face.

When the shooting stopped Scarsi stood up and held up his hands. He knew if the enemy had won he´d be dead but he couldnt think rationally right now.

"Hello? Please don´t shoot, I can´t see anymore and I am unarmed."

He tried to open his eyes but all he could see was a red blurr. Was it from the blood flowing into his eyes or were his eyes injured? He didn´t know.

@Morne du Plessis @Zay Boussaa

7. Zay Boussaa

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Zay stops, again. He turns in the direction of the call for help and finds the belter of earlier. He seems pretty beat up. His helmet is badly damaged and blood is running into his eyes. What was supposed to happen is happening. A wounded man who delays everyone. And a wounded man who took the gun from my dead Marine!

The marine approaches Zay and hands him his first aid box. Claws, painkillers and other useful shit after a shooting. He takes the towel and leans towards the belter.

- I'm Zay, I don't want to hurt you. I have a towel in my right hand to wipe the blood that flows on your eyes. As for the rest, if you are seriously injure the visual organs. Well, I can't do anything right now. But I can help you. Remove your helmet and clean up a little. Then if he doesn't get better. Well, I offer you my right arm - literally - to guide you through this dangerous corridor. What do you think of that?

And that way, we can quickly continue and get to the damn Nauvoo as soon as possible. Ends up Zay in his head.

@Kealoha Scarsi

8. Kealoha Scarsi

Suddenly Scarsi heard a voice.
    Great. It was the martian. The one he didn't want any help from.
    He took the cloth from the man's hands and pushed him away using the arm that still held the rifle.

"Mi can walk alone paxoníseki" said Scarsi.

He wiped the blood away from his eyes and covered most of the wounds on his forehead with the cloth. The red blur disappears mostly but his vision lacks sharpness and focus. Feelings of panic begin to boil up inside Kea. He tries to maintain his image and turns his head in the direction where Morne stands.

"Lets nat stand around here tu long. Lead da way bosmang."

He waits until someone makes a move.

@Morne du Plessis @Zay Boussaa

9. Zay Boussaa

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The group had started walking again towards the ship that was supposed to save them. The wounded belter seems to be able to walk. In fact, we would have to put quotation marks on "powers", because he staggers and often wipes his eyes with the towel I give him. Should we tell him that after a while the towel becomes unusable and that we have to give it back to him so that he can clean it?
    Or that....just drop it! He seems so eager to fend for himself that he will fend for himself. Not his problem if he has the tools to treat him, but he doesn't want to know anything.

He takes a look at his weapon, the indicator indicates which one is well loaded. Enough ball to survive another confrontation, I hope. He stops for a moment exhausted. His military training goes back a long way, and he has lost his habit of jogging every morning in the open air of Mars.

The adrenaline of the situation goes to his head, his heart tightens and a cold and horrible taste goes up his throat. Cold sweat slips down his back. He hated that horrible feeling. He has felt it every time he doesn't have control of the situation or feels that everything is going wrong. A migraine begins to appear on his nose. He has fought many times in life, experienced many consequences or losses. But it was rare for this feeling to pass through him. Since even in the most desperate situations, he had a plan.

He coughs once, then twice. The Marine is approaching him.

- Sir, are you all right?

Zay raises a finger to signify waiting. Then take off his suit. He breathes a breath of air, then a second one. The bottom of his coat lifts up under the impulse of a draft. He takes off the scarf that was wearing, and throws it into the air. He pulls the suit suit suit to readjust it. And takes aspirin out of his internal pocket. The box, round and black, spits out a pill. Zay shakes the box and a second pill comes out and falls into the palm of his hand. Suddenly he swallows both.

He folded the suit without wearing it. The latter, which is very flexible, remains in its new shape and fits perfectly into the back pack, which is integrated into the marine's armour. You should think about giving him a medal.

Zay quickly grabs the group, and adapts to their pace. Several ideas crossed his mind. He thinks in particular of chlorine trifluoride, a substance capable of burning everything... even concrete or ashes. Should someone try it on these protomonsters?

- Just like that....Do you have any Chlorine trifluoride on hand somewhere?

@Kealoha Scarsi @Morne du Plessis

#49 Zay Boussaa, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Kealoha Scarsi likes this.
  10. Robert Kung

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Kung stops suddenly. He turns his head towards the Martian and raises an eyebrow. Why would he need such a thing? And even if they had on Tycho station, we can forget the fact of being able to use it. With blue monsters walking around and soldiers of an unscrupulous corporation trying to kill us. The situation can hardly get any worse. He had seen shit situations in his life, but not that much.

Behind him Kealoha is dragging his feet. His eyes moaned blind under the flood of blood. They had already met a few times before. They work for the OPA's political cells. He's already helped them a couple of times. Most of the time for legal stuff to deal with. And good old Kea cleanses herself the blood that clogs her eyes with a towel. Well the towel seems to have an excellent ability to absorb blood. But the problem is that the napkin will eventually be unable to absorb more of it. He goes through his pockets and takes out a tiny box containing some kind of bandages.

He approaches the belter and puts his gun down. A tool that looks like a lamp comes out of his jacket.

- Pssst, it was very complex for me to put my hands off. He lowers his voice. It costs a kidney on the black market! I have military quality bandages - probably Martian - that could help you with your blood flow. They're great because they stop the flow and release painkillers into the wound thanks to a technology of...he stops, realizing that this may not be the right time for this kind of explanation.

He waved the box in front of him while smiling. A forced smile, an injury tingles his cheek. He turns his head and notices that the Martian is watching him. The latter folds his eyes and turns his heels. The marine follows him like a small dog, a very imposing small dog. Inviting Martians to the meeting may not have been a good idea on paper. He had already told Morné. We should have sent them the data, rather than bothering with a conference. Okay, well, their forces may have helped save the group's ass from protogen soldiers. But if there hadn't been a conference, we'd be somewhere else and maybe better prepared for an attack.

@Kealoha Scarsi

#50 Robert Kung, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  11. Zay Boussaa

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Did that jerk think he didn't hear it? That you just have to keep your voice down to avoid being heard? Kung turns his head towards him and notices that he is observing him. Zay turns his back and continues the march. He recognized the dressings and medical tools. The latter is able to analyze any form of injury. Mostly used by marines during combat to determine the severity of their injuries.

The fact that both are sold on the black market does not please him too much. Just like the weapons we found earlier and the stealth technologies. Someone's selling our patents! That's for sure. A little jerk who makes ends meet in exchange for a betrayal? A beautiful retirement?

Zay stops and looks at the ceiling. A drop of blood passed a few millimeters from touching his face. And on the ceiling is a huge blood stain. Great!

He jumps when he finds a corridor full of dead bodies. It means the protogen soldiers went through there before they were found. Mostly innocent people who have their torso full of bullets for being in the wrong people's way. Zay grins at the smell and slowly avoids touching one of the bodies on the ground. Putting his legs down meticulously and slowly in thoughtful places.

- How much further is the Nauvoo?

@Morne du Plessis @Kealoha Scarsi

12. Morne du Plessis

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Kealoha Scarsi @Zay Boussaa

"Not far," he called. Morné stepped very carefully past the dead. He already knew from Thoth that it would be a waste of time to try and take their automatic weapons. They were encoded to the user. An expensive waste of design as far as the engineer in him was concerned. Admittedly a frustrating one now. Armour would have made him feel safer than a bigger gun but there was no time.

Another corridor, another turn. A pair of tycho security guards held the lift. They looked nervous yet determined.

Reports were coming in through his suits receiver. He swore under his breath.

"They took half the staff from Thoth and are pulling out," he informed those around him. They took the lift. It carried them upwards and he activate his mag boots. The 'gravity' of the spin lessened as they moved towards the connection between Tycho and Nauvoo.

"Boss?" came a call in his ear. "You need to see dis.

He looked down at the terminal on his wrist. Too late for secrets now, he held the projection for all to see. A drone was entering the reactor, following the path of the monster that had torn through the station. Reinforced steel peeled like the skin of an orange.

There was no sign of the creature. Instead filaments could be seen covering the reactor core. Blue lights flashed along their length. Like a pulse. He knew, looking upon that, that Tycho was lost. Morné had nothing to say as they were carried across the frame towards the Nauvoo.

Kealoha Scarsi and Zay Boussaa like this.
  13. James Jackson

Character Biography:
    Bio
    In the end, they weren't there to kill him! The situation started to become really complex and honestly he had just taken refuge in a corner without really paying attention to who is shooting at who. When the bullets stopped flying all over the place. His belter guard was dead. And him alive. Two silhouettes approaching him. He recognizes the model of armor worn by the two soldiers. A model developed by another Protogen research group. On the other hand, he always hated their helmets. It looks like a seal on their heads.

Without giving him time to breathe, one of the two soldiers took him by the collar and lifted him up. An eel is inserted into his skin and his face appears on a screen on the second soldier's arm. They look at each other and nod their heads. Without even giving him a chance to talk, he drags him into the hallway towards where they' re coming from. In front of him passes a complete contigent of soldier in black armor leaving the weapon in hand in the direction of the cells.

- Well, it's not every day that an employer attacks the biggest station in the solar system to pick up kignapped employees.

Neither one of them answers him. Or even turn their heads towards him, they seem to be deeply absorbed by who knows what. Eyes fixed right in front of them. James is rarely afraid in his life. But right now, they're scaring him a little bit.

- You know, you don't have to hold me by the collar for me to follow you! I can walk by myself!

No reaction from either of them. This is how he is dragged by force for several hundred metres through labyrinthine corridors. Bodies pile up in the corridors, sometimes with weapons in hand. Sometimes no weapon, sometimes too young to have one. The two soldiers drag him through all this, passing through the bodies as if nothing had happened.

Then suddenly, without any obvious warning, he is put back on his feet and pushed forward. At the end of the intersection is a hole characteristic of those formed by breaching pods. Probably the way they came in.

He walks forward without turning around, praying not to get shot in the back of the head. The two mercenaries did not follow him. Which is probably not a good sign. He stops in front of the entrance to the hole. The walls are melted to the point of being sharp.

[​IMG]

The small door in front of him slides upwards. With no apparent sign that anyone is activating it. He swallows saliva and embraces what was once a partition. A ladder leads him to a small room, cramped and full of seats. Apart from him, there is no one else. Feeling a little lonely and confused. He takes his place in one of the grey seats and attaches the grey belts. Apart from grey, the only other colours in the area are the red of the lights and the black of the metal. Really, at protogen we're crap in terms of design.

He takes out of his pocket the hand terminal he didn't give back to the guard. Since the latter died before. The good news is that his ideas are not lost. Well, we might as well stay here stupidly. Waiting for something after I don't know what, I might as well get back to work. Thanks to a pre-installed application, it can modify photos to convert visible numbers and formulas into editable files. Once done, he can continue with the same throw he was earlier.

Her Manus likes this.
  14. Kealoha Scarsi

The flow of blood had mostly ebbed down and even though he still couldn´t see fully he was sure that he didn´t need any help at the moment. They had a lot more pressing concerns than a few scratches.

When Kung approached him Kea grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him away. "To worries honor me companero but I don't have time for that right now and I can walk decently on my own for now. Well at least as long as people stop tugging at me."

After a few more corridors and a bit of stumbling, still refusing any help, they finally reached an elevator. The sound of mag boots activating was the only thing that told him that they were heading closer to the Nauvoo, or so he assumed since he had no indication at all. To avoid falling while activating his own mag boots he steadied himself against the elevator wall.

Suddenly the people around him shifted, apparently to take a look at what seemed to be Mornes handterminal. For him it didn´t matter, he just couldn´t quite make out the shapes showing on the display.

Instead he tried to calm himself down a bit especially after the stresses of the fight and his injury. It would need to get checked out by someone after this but for now there simply was no time to give him extra treatment.

Maybe later would be too late.

@Morne du Plessis @Zay Boussaa @Robert Kung

15. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The belter woman nodded wordlessly a Tadgh gave her a suggestion of what to do. It allowed her to focus on something other than the horrors of the mangled bodies in the street, or the all too fresh images of the fearsome monster that had butchered them. She fished her hand terminal from her pocket, moving over to the Captain and Tadgh. She flipped through the menus with a small frown, brow pinched together in concentration.

"It definitely doesn't want us to go to the docks... for some reason. I can work around it though, just give me a few." She mumbled quietly, talking mostly to herself. "There we go." She said after a few moments, flicking the new route over to Tadgh's terminal. "Eight minutes to the Azimuth if we go through here." She gestured to an access tunnel that cut across a shut down tram line. "The delay was because that tram isn't functioning.. I can only imagine why."

Tadgh, HSAR and Kealoha Scarsi like this.
  16. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    They took a straight corridor before following stairs down. The docks were essentially "down" where the spin was greatest. He could feel the gravity shift ever so slightly as they descended.

Tadgh pulled his vibrating hand terminal from his pocket. His eyes flicked back and forth as he read the announcement.

"Shit. All vessels are on lock down. There's a hostile vessel out there apparently. And something about a bio hazard on the station."

Bio-hazard. Was that referring to the monster? It had to be alien. Didn't it? Bio-hazard. Bio-weapon?

@Lyla @Steven Maguire

HSAR and Lyla like this.
  17. Steven Maguire

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Maguire pulled out his own terminal at the same buzzing, swallowing hard. He pulled up a few menus experimentally, going back down the well-trodden mental path towards his days in the Martian shipyards. It seemed like he could never truly escape, no matter how far he ran from it.

"Still gotta be better in there than out here. I can... open the doors. My girl ain't a warship any more, but deep down she's still built like one."

And just like that, his hand terminal switched to a view in Navy orange - recognising one (entirely bogus) CMDR S MAGUIRE. With his newfound military authority he experimentally took control of the portside lateral airlock - this would override a lockdown order issued by the port, a warning message said - but stopped short of actually cycling it. He assigned control to his real civilian self and forwarded it on to his second mate - and, just in case, his chief engineer.

Sometimes, he had to admit, Navy paranoia really did pay off.

#57 Steven Maguire, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Tadgh likes this.
  18. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Lyla grabbed Glen's bicep as the young man nearly stepped in a splotch of the glowing blue gore that covered the floor. "Watch it, kopeng... if there's some sort of bio-hazard... I'll be that's it. Came from... from that thing." She made a quick belter gesture with her hand, nose wrinkled slightly.

She noticed that her terminal had been given some sort of access to override the lockdown on the Azimuth, and she quirked her brow slightly. Her gaze flitted over to the captain with a questioning expression on her face. How exactly had he been able to pull that little stunt?

"Let's get out of here... I don't want to be here if that thing circles back around. Whatever it was."

HSAR likes this.
  19. Steven Maguire

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    The captain caught Lyla's gaze and ran a hand over his beard, trying to remember when he'd last had time to trim it. It felt as unkempt as he did.

"Navy ships don't take port lockdowns the same way civilian ships do. Put yourself in as someone with real stripes, they'll do whatever you say. Let's go."

Tadgh likes this.
  20. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Inside the ship is best. Lock it up behind us. Get a look at what's going outside. Keep the camera on the dock and detach if that... thing comes back this way."

It brought him comfort to have formed an agreement with the captain's plan and to have a laid out list of things to do. It wasn't about following the hierarchy of the crew, they were a group of humans who had a collective plan to move through this impossible situation. The people around him were grounding when events wanted to carry him away from reality.

The heavy door in the floor slid open followed by the hatch of their ship. Tadgh let the others go ahead, sliding down the ladder. They allowed the spin to carry them home.

"Lyla, can you get the external camera to my terminal?" he asked. "Suggest we don't do any heavy scanning if there is a hostile ship captain."

He holstered his sidearm and dropped down the ladder. The two sets of doors slide shut and locked fast, seperating them from Tycho.

Lyla and HSAR like this.