BELT The Other Face

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Alric, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He gently kissed the top of her head. "What do you need?"

The quesiton was perhaps a bit of a silly one, Alric wasn't exactly going to be much help. Along with her he was stuck here, at least until they left, and it was doubtful they would get back to Io any time soon.

Of course that didn't mean he was completely useless. Prometheus was a much larger and diverse organization than Chloe had at her disposal. Sure there were elements of his group who were more radical, but like her he also had a few more...trusted associates that had a better and more delicate touch.

They were at her disposal.

Just as he was.

"Say the word." Alric told her with a gentle nuzzle. "Everything I have is yours."

Chloe Emerson likes this.
  2. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I need a way to look into the communications of certain members from Icarus."

She said simply, looking up at him with a small smile.

"But for now... I just need your support." She said softly, letting the heartache she felt creep into her voice.

There wasn't anything else that either one of them could do from here, and she loathed that fact. Her forehead dropped down to rest against his shoulder and she took a ragged breath.

"Just tell me everything is going to be okay, Alric."

Alric likes this.
  3. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He kissed the top of her head. "It'll be alright."

Alric was sure of that at least.

They had escaped their fate, and he was more than confident that Sparrow would escape whatever the hell came at her. She was a smart girl that Chloe had trained well, not to mention she had people looking for her. He frowned for a moment, considering his loves other request and then smiling as he thought of an idea.

Most of Icarus was based out of Io, and that gave him some power.

Though officially Alric only ran the docks on the station, he had pull in a number of areas that would help him here. He gently squeezed Chloe, smiling at her.

"I'll get you what you need." He told her. "Don't worry."

Violet likes this.
  4. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Chloe managed a small smile at Alric's response, tilting her head back to look up at him. It was easy to believe that things would be okay, to take a breath, with him here with her. There was a small part of her, that scowled angrily in the background.

Was it making her weak, leaning so heavily on him?

She couldn't rely on him for everything, she reminded herself. There were somethings that she would have to do on her own.

It would be all too easy to let his Prometheus agents into her organization, but this was an Icarus matter. If she allowed them access to their communications, their unity, she might as well hand over control of the entire flock to him.

She took a deep breath, steadying herself as she stepped back from the safe harbor of Alric's embrace.

Sparrow had been the jntended target. There could be little doubt on the matter. Whoever had sent them after her would know the effect this would have on her. How it would nearly cripple her. Had that been the intention? To break a part Icarus by letting it be consumed by another? Or to be rid of the network all together?

"Give me a few days." She said quietly, shaking her head. "These are my people, I can't just take the easy way."

Alric likes this.
  5. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Of course." He told her quietly.

Time they had at the very least.

They would be departing Ceres not too long from now, and after that their journey would take several days. He frowned for a moment, thinking and then opening his mouth as he was about to say something.

A part of him wanted to offer something, but he wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. Would she get angry at him?

They had set out on this quest together, but with Sparrow being taken...Icarus wasn't as large as Prometheus, but it represented almost everything that Chloe had built. It mattered to her, just as much as Prometheus mattered to Alric. He considered for a moment more, and then slowly began to speak.

"If you want..." He stopped for a second. "We can head back to Io first."

It would be a detour, but not much of one. "You might be able to coordinate better from there."

The decision was hers, but Alric wanted to do everything he could to support her.

Violet likes this.
  6. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Chloe shook her head quietly to Alric, frowning.

The offer was a tempting one.

It would also mean having to back track and leave Alric alone with the job they had both set out on together. She knew that he wouldn't blame her for going back to Io, but that didn't shake the unease she felt when she thought about leaving him.

Either decision would carry consequences, but as it stood; there was something wrong with Icarus and she needed to find out how deep the rot ran inside her own organization.

It would not be possible for her to do remotely.

Her dark eyes turned up to Alric's piercing blue gaze. "I don't want to leave, Alright, but I have to. There are simethings that I need to do that I can't from here."

Alric likes this.
  7. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Chloe

Alric nodded slowly.

It was the right thing to do it, and that was why he had said it in the first place. He knew that the decision was as hard on her as it was on him, but in the end they were both adults. More than that, they were used to being apart. Of course all of this was new to them, relationship, love, but they could survive it.

At least that was what he thought. "It's alright."

He offered her a smile.

The trip back to Io would be a bit of a detour, but that wouldn't be too much of an issue. The Marine wasn't going anywhere and in truth, Alric would do anything to make sure that Chloe could Sparrow back. His lips thinned for a moment and he gave her a gentle squeeze. This was what they had to do.

"We'll get through it." He kissed her forehead. "You do what you have to, and I'll see this through."

There was no question of that.

Violet likes this.
  8. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    It was settled then.

Chloe would return to Io to deal with whatever faced her in Icarus. She doubted that it would be anything good. In fact, she suspected that there was a high chance she would have to kill someone.

That had never come easy to her.

Especially not when the person was someone she had come to trust. The list of people that had known what Sparrow's crew flight plan was, and who knew where to find them. It had been a bold, brazen move on whoever had made the decision to sell the information; and it was one they were going to pay for dearly.

"Don't tell anyone what we're doing. I don't want Io to know that I'm coming back, until I'm there. I've already screwed up by reaching out to them at all. So they know I'm alive. We need to keep this close to the chest."

Alric likes this.
  9. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Who would I tell?" He chuckled, though perhaps her words were necessary.

Alric had connections with dozens of people on Io, not just in the OPA but in the UN and Corporate sectors as well. As much as he hated it, he was a figure within the little station.

Controlling the docks did that.

His face sobered and slowly he nodded. Chloe was right of course, and he didn't want to do anything to jeopardize here mission. She had to get her house in Order, and from there they could get back on their mission. Only after Sparrow was safe of course. His arms wrapped around her, and gently he pulled her into him.

"No one will know." He told her quietly. "Just make sure you're safe."

That was what he cared about. "And don't stretch yourself to a point where you put yourself in danger."

Both of them were capable of that, and when it came to Sparrow...Chloe was even more likely.

Violet likes this.
  10. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio

[​IMG]
    The trip back to Io was a fairly uneventful one. Chloe kept herself busy with her work and trying to gather as much information as she could before she arrived back at the small moon. She didn't want to be unprepared for whatever was about to happen. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to go on in terms of leads.

What she hadn't expected to receive was a message from the Terran that she had sent with Sparrow as a part of her security team.

"I'll find her."
    Was all that it had said.

Everyone else had said that the entire squad had been taken down in the ambush. This was both promising and suspicious at the same time. Did the man have something to do with what had happened? That was difficult to say. If he had, why would he have reached out to her in the first place? He should have gone underground and into hiding if he was responsible for the attack itself.

The implications and possibilities were all she could think on for the rest of the journey back home. She had pointed Antumbralite in Diarmuid's direction, together they should be able to figure out who had taken Sparrow, at the very least.

Alric had made her promise to not spread herself too thin, but she wasn't entirely sure that was a promise she could keep in this situation. There was just too much to be done and too many questions that needed answers.

It went against her every instinct to not reach out to Hawk, her most trusted lieutenant, before the ship docked with the station. There was just too great a chance of someone intercepting the communication and relaying the information.

Sitting in her crash couch, the ship a few minutes away from docking, Chloe fidgeted restlessly with her head pressed against the back of the seat. She sighed heavily and closed her eyes. Her leg bounced anxiously on the floor and no amount of effort could stop the nervous twitch. This should have been like coming home after a long trip. But it wasn't, not anymore.

Alric likes this.
  11. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Alric was decidedly more calm, though there was good reason for that.

He knew that Chloe was anxious, knew that a part of her was falling into pieces. It had made him want to be stoic for her, at least until they were forced to be apart. The head of Prometheus had done all that he could in order to keep her stable while they were heading back to Io, and he had been as supportive as he could.

Now that they were apart, well that wouldn't be easy.

As the ship came in to dock Alric was for once not focused on his stomach, instead he unstrapped himself from the crash couch and pull himself free. Without even a moment of hesitation he headed towards Chloe, a small frown settling on his lips as he pulled himself forward and stopped just ahead of her small seat in the crash couch.

"They're gonna check the pressure then you can head off." Speed was important here.

Chloe had to right Icarus.

"I've contacted Nick." She would know Nick, he'd been under her care once or twice. He was reliable, loyal as could be, though more than a little heated when it came to dealing with Inners. Still, he would be good to have at her side for this, especially if things got dangerous. "He's to follow your orders."

He would too, the man was devoted to Alric, and Alric had given him a command. That was all that mattered.

Chloe Emerson likes this.
  12. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A knot suddenly twisted in Chloe's gut as she looked up at Alric.

Was this the last time she would see him? What if someone grabbed him again once they went their separate ways? What if she dug too deep and they hauled her away to where ever they had taken her daughter, as well? If that happened, at least she stood a chance at finding Sparrow, but... the odds of her seeing Alric again were slim.

She reached out with one hand to gently cup the side of his face in her palm as her thumb brushed against the corner of his mouth. Her eyes swept over his features, as though trying to commit every last detail to memory before she had to leave.

"Please be careful, love. I couldn't bear to lose you too." She whispered softly to him.

Alric likes this.
  13. Alric

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He gently kissed her palm.

"I'll be alright." He assured her quietly, though he was only half sure if it was actually true or not. He had no intention of doing anything stupid of course, but there was no telling what they would find out in the system. They still had the Marine to find, and then after that?

His head shook.

"Worry about yourself." Alric told her. "Get her back."

He glanced past Chloe for a moment, spotting Nickolas waiting at the end of the dockyard. He was a harsh man in some ways, but Alric knew that he could rely on him. "I'll return to Io as soon as I can."

This was home after all, not just because it was where he lived, but because Chloe was here.

Violet likes this.
  14. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I know you will." She murmured to him, then stepped closer to give him one last embrace. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders and she briefly nuzzled into his neck. "Just make sure that you do so alive, and in one piece."

For a moment, she wished that time would freeze in that instant, so that she didn't have to leave.

This was the life that they both led, however, and deep down she knew that this was the right thing to do.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped back from him and smiled; passing a hand over the newly shaved side of her head, the fuzz tickling between her fingers. She was still adjusting to the involuntary new hair style.

As she took another step back, she squeezed his hand and offered a sad smile, before she turned to walk towards the waiting belter.

Nickolas was unpredictable, dangerous and even more prone to violence than Alric himself. She would have her hands full enough trying to grapple control of Icarus, and she prayed that Nickolas wouldn't make that job more difficult. He was a loyal man, one that Alric clearly trust, but it still didn't sit right with her. Even so, she made certain to keep her expression amicable and she managed a warm smile as she approached the man.

"It's been awhile, Nick. How are you?"

Nickolas Alden likes this.
  15. Nickolas Alden

Nickolas said nothing as Chloe approached him, that wasn't his place.

He had spent the last few months deep undercover in one of the private security forces here on Io, something he was only able to due thanks to his resemblance of a Terran. When he'd been a child his parents had somehow managed to get him all the proper medical treatments, meaning that unlike a lot of his people Nick appeared...completely ordinary.

To most he was simply another Terran, though the rather large Prometheus Tattoo that was located between his shoulder blades sort of gave away his loyalties. Of course during his mission that had been covered up, but now? Now it was returned to it's proper place. Not that most could see it.

"I am well." He spoke quickly, tersely.

There was less time for discussion. Alric had been quick in his briefing, but he assumed that things around Chloe were rather...urgent at the moment.

"I prepped a safe house for us." He told her in that same terse tone. "We' can head there first."

16. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Alric

Chloe shifted the weight of the bag on her shoulder and tongued the inside of her cheek. The man's brusque nature was almost refreshing in an odd way. She didn't need to be coddled, and there was work to be done.

A smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth and she gave a single nod of her head. He was right. For now, it was best for her to get off the streets before anyone from Icarus caught wind of her. If they learned she was back on Io, it was entirely possible that those responsible would go to ground and catch the first shuttle off the station.

She gestured towards the hall with her free hand and inclined her head.

"Lead the way then, Nickolas."

17. Nickolas Alden

There was no hint of a smile on Nickolas' face as there would have been with Alric.

This young man was clearly not at all in the same humor as Chloe's lover. He was a more serious version of the man that she had come to know. Perhaps it was a quality that would have suited him well, though in truth there was no way to know. Nick was a radical, one of the men among Prometheus who would have happily destroyed all of earth if it meant the success of the belt.

"This way." He motioned her to the left. "We'll use the maintenance tunnels."

Much like everywhere else Io was dotted with them, generally only used by belters. "Should keep you from being spotted by anyone."

Secrecy was important after all.

Without another Word Nickolas quickly began to move, hand already settled on his pistol.

Tetrarch and Chloe Emerson like this.
  18. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    It felt wrong sneaking around on the station that should have been her home, that had been her home for two decades. She should have been able to walk through the tunnels with her shoulders back, chin held high with confidence -- but instead she was stuck scuttling through maintenance corridors like a rat. The thought alone was enough to make her stomach churn.

Her teeth ground together in irritation and her fingers wrapped tightly around the strap to her duffel bag. Whoever had done this to Icarus would pay dearly for their transgressions. If Sparrow had been hurt, or gods that be, if she'd been killed, whoever the culprit was would suffer a fate far worse than simply being tossed out an airlock.

Chloe knew better than to speak about the task at hand out in the open, even when it was just the two of them walking through the maintenance shaft. There was no telling just who could be listening, and she wasn't willing to put everything at risk because of her impatience.

She followed Nick as he led her through the bowels of the station. Briefly, she wondered if the man had been paid off and if he was just going to put a bullet in her skull and leave her corpse for station security to find, but she pushed the paranoid thoughts away. Alric would not have left her with him if he doubted the man's loyalty.

19. Nickolas Alden

She was right, as far as the people in Prometheus went Nick was one of the, if not the most loyal. There was no amount of money that could see him turn on Alric, no ship that could be given, no bribe that could be offered.

Nick knew his place, and he was proud of it.

For him the fight to free the Belt was one that would never stop. It was a war that ground on and would until his home, his remaining family was free. He would user any measure that he could, press further, and harder than anyone before him. Nickolas Alden was an extremist, and he openly admitted do it to anyone that asked.

"Here." He said as he ushered Chloe into a side corridor.

Another few corners and they found themselves standing at a bulkhead.

"This was built by protogen." He explained as he entered a small code on a door panel. "They abandoned it about three years ago."

The door opened, and inside was revealed what could only be described as a bunker. Weapon crates, food stores, and half a dozen ancient looking computers sat in almost every corner.

Violet likes this.
  20. Chloe Emerson

Chloe Emerson "Wren"

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The leader of Icarus stepped inside the small safe house, sweeping her eyes over the furnishing and equipment that was stuffed inside its walls. A brow rose curiously, then she made her way over to a cot and set her bag down on top of the thin mattress. "Hell of a place to just abandon. They move on to greener pastures?" She asked idly, sliding her jacket off her shoulders.

"I'd rather not have corporate security come busting down the door in the middle of the night." She added a moment later.