SPACE Reunions

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Thomas Pearson, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Thomas Pearson

Character Biography:
    Bio
    [​IMG]
    Earth Orbit, UNN Harry S. Truman

The Truman was nearing its time for upgrade. Pearson patiently counted the days towards the upgrade date and to finally see the long-term wear up close and personal. He definitely enjoyed peacetime, though he can feel that the crew had rusted and there needs to be a military exercise, possibly in orbit of the Sun in order to have all rounds and ammunition be safely disposed of as de-orbiting debris.

There were some fleet movements that were radioed to the Truman. Pearson assumed it was more vessels merging with the Frontier-sector fleets after Bush finished with them. Curiously, there were vessels returning from the Frontier, which was unusual, as the UNN's mandate was force projection. Either these vessels had military relics that are being ferried back to Earth or these vessels were being retired.

The second assumption was quickly dissolved as he discovered that the fleet was Patrol Group Charybdis. Now he was intrigued. He wanted to find out what was happening with this fleet.

"Initiate tightbeam to the lead vessel of Patrol Group Charybdis."

"Initiating tightbeam, sir."

The tightbeam operator promptly did so.

"Greetings, CO of the Thomas Cochrane. This is the Harry S. Truman, sending. What brings you here today? Thought you guys were patrolling out there?"

@Dolores Muwangwa

2. Dolores Muwangwa

Dolores Muwangwa Captain, UNN Yi Sun-Shin

Character Biography:
    Bio
    UNN THOMAS COCHRANE, APPROACHING EARTH’S ORBIT

Dolores had grown so used to the low-level hum and noise of the bridge of the Thomas Cochrane. The little pings and blips of the terminals and consoles, the droning of the air filtration system, the hushed chatter of the crew, it was only when she stopped and listened out for it that she could actually hear it. She was going to miss it, she realised, when she transferred to the command of the Yi Sun-Shin. But this was what she had been working towards, all these years. She had been smart enough to get in on the Modernisation Committee while it had been a joke, when the idea of updating the UN Fleet had been a pipe dream. She still remembered the day when she had expressed interest in the committee, and her superior had laughed. But now, that pipe dream was being realised. The Modernisation Project finally had the resources to go forward, and the first series of modern ships had completed their trials. She had been called back to Earth, to be given command of the first Fast-Response Taskforce, and finally receive her promotion to Admiral. But she would miss the Cochrane. It was not her first command, but it was the first ship she had truly fallen in love with, ever since the Sol Invictus. She would miss her cabin, where she had gotten the ambient temperature just right, the crash couch whose indentations fit her perfectly, the terminal at which I recieved the divorce papers from Natalia.

She sighed, trying to focus on all the good work she had done in this ship, hunting down pirates on the edge of the belt with her patrol group, chasing down the rogue asteroid Eros, keeping the peace with Mars, that catastrophe at Io where Norman Basquerro gave his life to save this ship.

Dolores grit her teeth. There were bad memories aplenty to go along with the good, but she supposed the same could be said for any love. She knew she was leaving it in good hands, the hands of her XO, Aaron Mendehlssohn, to be precise, but she did not enjoy the avenues down which leaving the Cochrane was leading her mind. She was grateful then, when a beeping from her terminal broke her chain of thought. “Tightbeam from the Truman, Ma’am,” the voice of Rosa Boyle, her Comms Officer came, a dart of sharpened propriety to stir Dolores from her reverie. “It’s Admiral Pearson.”

“Put him through please, Ms Boyle,” Dolores straightened her back, and prepared to receive the Admiral’s message. As the visage of the Truman’s Captain flickered onto the screen, Dolores greeted him with a diplomatic smile that expertly cloaked her internal conflict. “Admiral Pearson, it’s good to see you again. I’m just returning to Earth as ordered to take command of the Yi Sun-Shin, and the newly created Fast-Response Taskforce.”

Karen Ashoka likes this.
  3. Thomas Pearson

Character Biography:
    Bio
    So it was. Pearson perked up to find out more, as well as have a catching up with his fellow comrade. They haven't got into tightbeam since the Pete Knight incident. The seasoned admiral's heart softly hurt as he thought about what he could've done to save more lives. It was truly a dark moment in humanity's history, and he was a direct part of it, whether he liked it or not. His friend here was also a major part, hell, maybe even a larger part than him. He wanted to know how Dolores was holding up.

"Now ain't that wonderful. Congratulations, Admiral, I'm sure you're very deserving of such a fine, newly built vessel. It's been so long, madam. I can't remember if we ever got into contacts since the gates opened. Is space treating you right? It's quite a tough front to keep in order, judging from all the lads and lassies telling their tales about the frontier. I mean, we've also seen our fair share of losses too. Are you holding up alright?"

4. Dolores Muwangwa

Dolores Muwangwa Captain, UNN Yi Sun-Shin

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I'm doing just fine, Admiral," Dolores replied, with a measured smile, nodding her head slightly. "To be honest, we've not had all that much to do aboard the Cochrane lately, it's mostly just been patrol missions, some minor pirate skirmishes, and chasing down smugglers. Nothing all that new. Most of my time has been overseeing the final rollout of the Modernisation Programme." There was a flicker of pride in her eyes, and one could see, for a moment, excitement in the normally stoic officer. "And now we're on the brink of deploying our first task force. I'm told the commission ceremony for the Yi was quite something to behold." She paused for a moment, her gaze drifting across the bridge of her ship, knowing that she would only be in command of it for so much longer. "But enough of my rambling. How has your command fared? I imagine things are quiet enough on the interior these days."

5. Thomas Pearson

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Pearson noticed her pause. He understood her sentiment for her outgoing vessel. From the rare times that they got into contacts, she looked like she felt belonged. Her out-of-the-ordinary excitement for the new vessel was a suitable balance to deal with her command change.

“There’s really nothing to worry about around here. All my crew has been working diligently on keeping our vessel battle ready. It’s honestly nice, being in the watchful silence. I’ve been relegated to watching fleet movements. Home Fleet’s lead vessel’s been moved to the Frontier.”

He pondered, deciding whether to bring up the remnants from Battlegroup Knight joining his fleet or not.

“Vessels from Battlegroup Knight joined my fleet some days ago. When they thanked me about saving those lives five years ago, I can’t help but think about all the lives that I didn’t save. To this day, I still think about what could I have done, what other people could’ve done. You know?”