BELT Legitimate Salvage

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Fahir, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He winced at the sound of the lollipop being cracked. How did she even do that to her teeth?

"An inspection can slow us down because the fuckers always insist you power down engines and let them match your course. Also, after they took a bit out of each other I don't want the Sandfly anywhere near a potential conflict zone. If they start shooting I don't want to be near a few hundred thousand rounds of Teflon-coated tungsten flying around the place."

He reached out and made a flicking motion on the air. The view of their route leapt onto her screen before being projected into a three dimension hologram.

"Whilst we've got nothing hot I don't want a UN inspection. Might be some serial numbers on some of the loot we skimmed that might tie us to the ship in distress."

Iris likes this.
  2. Iris

Iris looked over it quietly for a moment, her hair floating around her as the projected zero-g hit her.

"Alright. Better safe than sorry," she agreed. Though this would mean more time in the air and less time on Ceres enjoying themselves, she didn't want to deal with UN bullshit either. A frown grew over her lips at the thought, the route flicked away.

"You give any thought to how you'll burn your cash once we arrived?" A small smile graced her lips, the tease ever so slight. Iris didn't usually make small talk.

Fahir likes this.
  3. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Well, gotta spend some of it responsibly. Renew a couple of our shipping licenses, get some more spare parts. Stealing fuel pellets saves some cash...which means there might be some to spend irresponsibly."

The dull drone of thruster bursts reverberated through the ship. The Sandfly had to 'teakettle' by using air thrusters only to put some distance between themselves and the station. Then the main drives could come online.

"Though this time, maybe best to lock myself out of the command systems for twelve hours..." His lips quirked into a reflection of her own smile.

Iris likes this.
  4. Iris

Iris's smile turned smug. She settled comfortably into her seat, eyes turning ahead to the control panels. "Knew you see it my way." She flicked at a message on the screen. "We've been cleared with the station, drives coming online now. You guys all tied down back there?"

"Yes," came Ren's breathless reply. The others quickly followed.

Fahir likes this.
  5. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Initiating two-gee burn to get us clear, then settling down to point four."

Gravity returned slowly. It went past the point of comfort and became painful for his belter physiology. He had been born and raised in below half earth gravity. It had left him with long, thinner bones than the humans on earth. The physical differences only seemed to make it easier for the people of earth to see belters as a lower class of citizen.

He kept off the juice for a few more seconds before he had the ship give him a mild dose suitable for the thrust. Just enough to ease his discomfort and reduce the risk of an aneurism.

Fifteen minutes in of near silence and the thrust dropped to a comfortable 0.5G. With a groan he had the chair shift into a more upright position and stood up. They were now cruising at a reasonable 18 kilometers per second and accelerating.

"I'd best see if i can find someone who wants to buy that stolen mech. Unless anyone thinks we really need a spare down in the lower cargo bay?" he asked.

Iris likes this.
  6. Iris

"No, sir, I think we're fine..." came Cassidy's voice, a tinge of stress in it.

Iris raised a brow but shook her head. "Without more hands, s'pointless." She grunted as she helped herself up out of the chair, a headache forming in her temples.

"First thing we're getting on Ceres-- better juice."

Fahir likes this.
  7. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Fahir winced as he nodded. He could already feel the dull ache starting to swell behind his eyeballs. Some things were an entirely false economy.

"Cassidy if you could..."

"I know boss, you told me before we strapped in."

"Ya, fine. Full crew dinner later. Got us some real fruit and veg. Might be a long time 'for we see some again if Ganymede is out of action."

Iris likes this.
  8. Iris

That earned him a skeptical look. "What the hell are you on?" In all their time as a team they had never sat down for a purposeful dinner as a unit. Even Iris had had time to see crew come and go, wasn't much to it. Everyone just did their own thing and kept their money to themselves.

"What's your angle here?" Buttering them up, perhaps? What was Fahir looking for out of this.

Already she was pulling out her terminal, checking for a clue.

#168 Iris, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Fahir likes this.
  9. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Fahir sighed. That was actually better than the response he had expected. He wore a bemused expression as he turned towards Iris.

"No angle. I'm cooking once and if you all really want to carry canteens back to your cabins then so be it," he said so everyone could hear.

Iris likes this.
  10. Iris

"...I'll be there, Captain," Cassidy assured him.

"Yeah," Ren coughed, her voice ragged. "Me too."

Iris snorted, amused but still skeptical as she studied Fahir. "...Well alright. See you at super." She slipped away, claiming up the ladder with a sashay of her hips.

Fahir likes this.
  11. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Both eyebrows went up as she studied him, waiting to see if she had a further challenge. He couldn't really keep the amusement off his own face.

Now he had to avoid poisoning the entire crew. It would not go far towards his goal of trying to build a longer term, cohesive crew if they all left the Sandfly for fear that it was contaminated. Not only would that leave him without a crew but the wrong word to the authorities would force him to have a deep clean of the air scrubbers and food storage units.

Fahir was all alone on the Ops deck when the Sandfly picked up signals bouncing off the hull. He sat forwards and initiated his own sweep. Had moving them wide of coalition forces put them into the path of pirates?

He brought up a map of transponder signals. Nothing close by. At least there hadn't been. Suddenly a Martian transponder came alive a few hundred thousand clicks away.

The Hustle, a Morrigal class patrol corvette.

"Sandfly, this is the Hustle. You've been selected for a customs inspection. Please hold your current course and prepare for docking."

Fahir looked at the tactical display. The fuckers had been running quiet. They were too close to outrun and now they'd been ID'd it was far too late.

"Fuck." He reached for the intercom. "Everyone we got a duster inspection heading our way. ETA one hour. If you've got anything you don't want them finding, airlock two will be armistance zone for the next twenty minutes."

Which meant jettisoning anything that could rile up the Martians who were likely bored and looking for some Belters to push around.

Iris likes this.
  12. Iris

Iris could be heard cursing furiously from across the line ... along with the sudden screech of metal as she pulled up the floor in her room.

Probably not what he mean, but it would work!

"Ah... Boss..." Came Renaya's voice. "They aren't going to go through our personal stuff, right? I mean-- we aren't carrying anything hot today ... right?"

It was very clear what answer she was looking for. No one on board had stuff they didn't want to keep from Martian or UN eyes.

Fahir likes this.
  13. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I'd like to hope not but out here they can pretty much do as they please. You all know the drill. Might get lazy sailors who poke their heads into the cargo hold and.check a box. Might get some absolute bastards who like pushing people around and fining you for an incorrectly stowed coffee cup."

Fahir despised inspections. This ship was supposed to have been his freedom. He had broken ties from the corporate beurocracy and could sail where he pleased. Instead he was constantly forced into jobs by the criminals who had loaned him the money for the ship and shoved around by UN and MCR patrols. He glared at the little red dot changing its vector to meet them, hatred in his eyes.

Iris likes this.
  14. Renaya

"Yeah, but... we're gonna go back for it all, right?" She could be heard hefting or own stuff into a bag.

"And have them notice and tag us again with the stash on board? No. Shove it under your floor."

"...Oh." Ren's sound cut off, her tone suggesting she wasn't sure if the idea was brilliant or... stupid. Or even if she'd do it herself. Probably not... she didn't want to risk it.

Her supply of medicine was dragged to the airlock, a moody look peeking out over the airmask.

Fahir likes this.
  15. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Or there's always the hidey hole in between the hulls!" Fahir called. The ship had several hulls to protect the crew and the space between them was perfect for hiding contraband.

"How much shit are you all hiding down there!?" he called out incredulously. There was the start of a chuckle before his voice cut out over the intercom.

Iris likes this.
  16. Iris

In the end, everyone managed to find a place to hide their contraband out of sight. Iris walked around to each spot and scanned with her tech to assure they were indeed undetectable as were. She walked over to Fahir with barely a moment to spare, giving him a tight, all clear nod as the Martian control spoke to them again.

"Sandfly, this is the Hustle. Prepare for boarding and *insert more technical terms here cause i feel silly spouting it* ."

Iris's lips pressed together in distaste.

"Uh. Sir. Do we uh, have to be there too?" Ren asked.

Fahir likes this.
  17. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yeah everyone on ops deck," Fahir called out. "Just easier that way. Do as you're told, be extra fucking polite and let's get this over with."

For his part he'd remember that he had a box of explosive, self-propelled rounds that weren't technically legal. That and a small bag of left over blue crush has gone into the space between hulls. The blue crush he would have happily airlocked, but next to the explosive rounds he was intent on keeping it was a pretty minor offence.

There was a hiss as the airlock opened. The Martian didn't even take their helmets off the the inspection. Three individuals of indeterminate gender stepped onto the Sandfly. Fahir could barely even see their eyes behind the red visors.

[​IMG]

"Captain?" came an artificially modulated voice and a finger in Fahir’s direction.

He nodded.

"Show me your documents. Everyone else against this wall. I want one member of the crew to show me the manifest and take a member of my team down to the cargo hold."

Iris likes this.
  18. Iris

Perhaps to Fahir's surprise, Iris gestured for Ren to step forward. Ren pointed to herself in shock, already pressed firm and obedient against the wall.

Iris gestured again, lazily leaning herself against the wall and crossing her arms to show she was't moving.

Ren wheezed in distress, fingers fiddling with the mask. "Ah. Yeah. Alright, this-this way," she squeaked. She pointed without confidence to be followed and stepped out with the figure, her coughing heard going down the hall.

Iris gave Fahir an innocent shrug and flicked open her tablet, pulling up the manifest and handing it over. "Lovely weather we're having here," she commented lazily.

Fahir likes this.
  19. Fahir

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A red visor slowly turned its way towards Iris. No one responded to her comment. The talking one, Fahir decided he was a 'brian', stepped towards him with a rugged, military terminal.

Brian snatched the terminal from Fahir's hands. His terminal was placed alongside it and started running some checks. Fahir wondered how small Brian's cock had to be to get jollys from pushing legitimate transport crews around. Mostly legitimate.

"I'm going to look around. The crew will stay here."

"Papers in order?" Fahir asked when he was given his terminal back. No reply. They were left in silence with the third martian.

The silence stretched out. He caught Iris' eye briefly. Luis looked perfectly content. Fahir had always thought that if he told him to stand in one spot all day he would have done so happily.

"You guys got a good entertainment system over there? Must get boring."

The final martian turned slowly to face him. Talkative this one. The marine looked down the corridor after his boss and then back to Fahir.

"Nope. Asked captain if I could put my projector in the mess and he was having none of it," the martian replied, entirely unexpectedly. The voice was distorted by the speaker but sounded vaguely feminine.

Iris likes this.
  20. Iris

Iris snorted. "Did you offer to remove the stick up his ass? Would make for a better go of things." Iris craned her neck a little to get a better glance down the hall. She made a good show at not noticing the sharp looks from her shipmates, Fahir's orders to be nothing but polite missed on her there.

"You try the recenter on Sundays? I hear no one cares about the recenter on Sundays."

Fahir likes this.