BELT Fate, what of it?

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Ally Locke, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Ally Locke

Ally Locke Running away from Fate

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally stopped eating as she looked at Lee who being his micromanage self, issued his warning. Her lips pressed together as she leaned up from her food and nodded. She knew exactly what he was referring to and it meant that he knew what they were doing and why they were late. It was like being caught by a family member, at least he didn’t catch her in the middle of the act. That would have been even more embarrassing. She shoved another spoonful of food in her mouth as she nodded. Then swallowed hard.

“Oppa, you don’t have to be so serious. It was one time and it won’t happen again.” Looking towards the Doctor she smiled. “You were late too doctor? First night on a new tour never lets me sleep well, either I’m excited or scared. One or the other.” Shrugging, she took another bite and stared at Lee. She was going to say something she probably was going to regret, but here it went.

“Last night I was a little scared, maybe you have something for it Dr. Lancaster? A hug? A kiss maybe? Possibly a cuddle” The little Martian chuckled at her comment and continued to eat till her disc was empty. She was either going to find herself with her face shoved into her food, the doctor offended, or her sleeping alone tonight. Hopefully none of it happened, but either way she did have an enjoyable time making the offbeat comment.

Kay likes this.
  2. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “I do have to be serious, gang-aji.” Lee looked quite serious too. “The logs are checked with frequent intervals. They will notice if you let it become a habit. Best nip it at the bud than let it blossom, y’hear?”

“And no,”
    He chuckled. “I do not need a kiss from the doctor.”

“Good, ‘cause you ain’t getting none.” Kay leaned back in her seat. “Thank you for the advice, Lee.”

Really, what else was there to say? He had caught them without making a fuss out of it. If anything he seemed to cover it up, and that just made it all the more suspicious. Her eyes wandered between Ally and then Lee as if to observe what they were doing, saying, or something. Her mouth began to open as she tried to find the words.

“Consider it a one-time thing.” Lee looked at Allison specifically. “I won’t make a habit of clearing the log for people. Not even you.”

“You’re being a little bit dramatic, aren’t you, Lee?” Kay turned back into her unamused self. “It was just that, a one-time thing. We will take care in the future.”

“Make sure that you do.” He looked at Kay. “These things can get real messy.”

“And what if we let the others know?”

“It’s too early for that.”

“We’ll get there.”

“I hope you do, but I-”
    Lee sighed. “Look, I just want you to be careful, okay? Just keep it in for a bit until people get acquainted with the idea of having the new girl around on the regular.”

“Sound fair?”

Ally Locke likes this.
  3. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    It was just like being in the military and Ally sighed heavily. Lee was going to be far more strict than necessary. His comments and the way he was acting made Ally suspicious, there was something far more delicate being worked on here. She continued to frown as she ate her slop of a mess. This morning was something that usually wouldn’t have happened, so she doubted they would be taking this route to work.

There was more to the Kay and Lee dynamic than met the eyes. She continued to play with the slop on her plate until she looked up at thwarts the gentle men that was leaving. There was only so much someone could take. Stopping her food, she sighed and looked towards Lee. “Thanks Lee it won’t happen again I promise.” Her eyes fell on Kay as if to tell her I don’t really care about what Lee is saying.” Lunch was almost over and she didn’t show how much more of Kay that she knew.

Time management was going to have to take a hit, but they would be back afterwards. There was a brief simple as she looked towards him and wondered what he did on his spare time. Either way, she had Kay to fill her time. She wanted to talk to her more and plan on something to do during their docking which was closer to this little stop, but it was worth it to try. “Do you take your shore leave doctor? Or do you just move to a different it in their every day lives. Shrugging, she continued to eat at the mush. @Kay

Kay likes this.
  4. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Great. Good, thank you.” He smiled at Allison as she made her promise. “I’ll hold you to it.”

Kay’s eyes had met with Ally’s and while the Martian had no real plans to care what Lee was saying, Kay knew better than to at the very least heed them. He had saved her from trouble before, but nothing on this scale. In the end she would boil it all down to a protectiveness of his childhood friend. Not that Kay herself knew what it was like to retain those. They had a tendency to change for the worse around her.

“Oh I take my shore leave.” Kay perked her brow at Ally. “Going to bars, going away to buy myself some real food… You know, the usual. Maybe I’ll take you with sometime.”

Read: again.

“What about you, Locke?” Kay grinned at her own question. “Do you take your shore leave or is it all stay-at-home for you?”

5. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally sat there internally screaming. Usually when the ship docked only a few moments later Martian Intel or local police would show up and clean the ship out. This time around though, Ally wouldn’t be contacting anyone and just report things. She was in trouble and her mission wasn’t as vital as it was before. So, she would at times take her leave, but if she hadn’t found anything she would remain on the ship to snoop a bit more while others – like Kay would disappear to the bars. The poor little Martian had nothing clever to say so she shrugged and scraped the sides of the plate to pick up anything that got left behind.

“Really depends. I tend to stick around the ship – I have this weird fear of getting left behind.” Her spoon waved as she leaned on the table explaining herself on what her leave entailed. “Sometimes I leave, find a bar and meet some people, catch dinner, go back to the ship and stuff.” She shrugged and at the last moment looked at @Kay in the eyes. The blonde woman had caught Ally on one of those rare occasions where she had wandered into a bar.

Leaning back in her chair, Ally patted her stomach and smiled. “Food isn’t too bad here. I could get used to it.” A grin and she looked up towards the ceiling and nodded. “Last shore leave I met someone pretty cool, I would have wanted to get to know her again.” Shrugging it off, she nodded her head to Kay and Lee. “How long are the work days on this place anyways?”

Kay likes this.
  6. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The grasp of time wasn’t as easy to maintain as it was when someone was planetside. Kay had long since switched to wearing a time device on her wrist that rather than just indicating what time it was counted down the amount of time she had for each part of her day at her disposal. The timer for lunch was starting to reach its endpoint, which would be indicated by the somewhat subtle ding coming from her device.

“Oh?” Kay looked at the device and then Allison again. “I’d say maybe ten hours? But when you live where you work, you don’t really have a set schedule. If a fire needs putting out, then you need to put it out. We try to circle workers, but sometimes it’s just not possible.”

Kay rose from her barely touched food and the bench that had once provided somewhat something of a sense of seating in a little-to-no-grav environment. She folded the nibbled food bar and pocketed it, grabbed the second one and pocketed that too and then motioned at Allison to follow her on over to the disposal.

“Swing by my office if things get too much for you. I might have a remedy at hand.” Sounded innocent enough. “Something to relieve stress, sleep, that kind of thing.”

“And trust me, I understand not wanting to get left behind. But the Ortega generally gives some time for a heads up when it comes to departures. Mass messages that are all ‘THIRTY MINUTES UNTIL DEPARTURE.’”

“You’ll be fine. We look after our own here.”

Ally Locke likes this.
  7. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally followed and tossed whatever scraps were on her plate. She did notice that Kay barely ate anything. It concerned her a little, but she wondered if she would have eaten more if Lee hadn't interrupted their lunch break together. If it became a thing she would be truly concerned. If @Kay wasn't eating it would help explain why she was tired. Being lost in her concerns she almost missed what the doctor was saying. “Oh, yeah stress and lack of sleep. Something that plagues us when in space. I'll make sure to stop by...I promise.”

A soft smile as she placed her dirty plate in the bin besides the disposal can. She lingered and watched Kay, so much of her wanted to at least hug her. The need for closeness was frustrating and overwhelming. How was she going to survive this? “Uh, you have a good day doctor…” A casual bow and the young Junior engineer wandered down the corridor back to her station. Ten hours. She needed to survive ten bloody hours.

Hammering away at some rust build up, Ally found herself starting at her wrist. It had been only two hours since she had seen the doctor at lunch, but the overwhelming feeling of wanting to see her now was starting to eat at her focus. Hesitating, she knew she could make herself seem like a liability, but one time couldn't hurt. Stopping her work she groaned and wrapped her arms around her stomach. Feet stumbled backwards but she remained upright. “Ohhhhh my stomach...oooohhhhhhh” The large man in charge looked over and grunted. “Ye furst time eatin in da mess?” Ally nodded and the man chuckled. “Furst time always hurt. You can go to da doctor. She gib ya sumthan good to take care of ya.” Ally nodded and put her tools away.

She beelined right to Kay’s office and knocked on the door gently. It would be a good surprise especially since they were interrupted during lunch.

Kay likes this.
  8. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “You too, Engineer Locke.” Kay smiled back and left the mess behind Ally before taking a left towards her clinic. With lunch out of the way — or well, not really — she entered the quiet of her little office and continued eating the revolting bar of food that had been provided for her at the cafeteria. It was technically against regulation to have food at the clinic, but Kay herself was technically also not a doctor, so that really oughta even that tidbit out just a tad.

The reports on her desk began to wrap up, and in truth she had left the best one for last. A glance shot out at the name at the top. Allison Locke, a martian woman. For a second there Kayleigh really had to think about it. Had she ever been with a Martian woman before? They tended to be perhaps a bit rigid sometimes, depending on their background. Military women were usually off the radar. Mostly because, well, Kay had never quite figured out what proper protocol for those people were. She was too laid back in their eyes, and that kind of said something.

“Got someone coming your way.” She got a message over the comms.

“Got it.” Kay responded and jumped out of her chair to start preparing. The patient’s table was cleared, the tools were put back in their respective little boxes. The reports were stowed in a drawer of her desk, and then she waited.
    And in stepped Allyson.

“Oh shit, is something wrong?” Kay approached her to pull her in and close the door. “Have a seat on the table, I’ll go get the gloves.”

Work mode: on.

“In the meanwhile, go over your symptoms one by one.” Kay knelt down by the cupboards and grabbed a new box of disposable gloves. “No symptom is too small to bring up.”

Ally Locke likes this.
  9. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally blinked as @Kay went full doctor mode on her. “Wait no.” Ally did her best to try and stop the woman, but it seemed she was already on the move and prepared. Made sense, with them being short staffed Kay needed to be able to get anyone in and out feeling healthy right away. Sitting on the table she waited for Kay to return with everything. Slightly embarrassed at her attempt to see the woman soon, she brushed the hair back from her face and smiled coyly.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. Everything was handled in the engine room and I decided to fake a stomach ache.” Eyes fell from Kay’s face as she looked at her feet that where hitting each other, of course avoiding the click mechanism for her grav boots. Looking back up she smiled softly, “I’m sorry this will be a onetime thing, I just needed to see you. Lee interrupting lunch I really didn’t get to tell you I really enjoyed this morning.”

Sighing softly, she decided to come clean. “You…you’re my first and I just want to be around you and all that. I’m sorry if I’m being annoying. I just can’t help myself.”

Kay likes this.
  10. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The glove box was just about to be popped open by the time Ally told her to stop. Kay stopped and looked up at her non-patient and looked confused for a second. At least until Ally would explain exactly what it was that was wrong. Which was to say nothing. She needed to see Kay, and sickness was the best excuse for it. An ungloved hand dragged itself across Kay’s face at what she was hearing.

“Okay, so…” She sighed. “So it was nothing then.”

“I mean, figuratively. It wasn’t any emergency that needed to be swept away.” Kay sighed again, albeit in relief. “Well that’s good.”

The glove box was put away under the patient’s table and the doctor would look up at the woman who was here not as a patient but as someone who wanted to get something off of her chest. It was cute, it bought them some reasonable amount of time together, but at the same time that also meant that people knew exactly where Ally was. The rant of Lee hadn’t ended when he left the table. He had taken it to cyberspace between just Kay and him.

Caution. That was what they needed.

Still, having Ally here wasn’t exactly displeasing. Just worrying.

“I enjoyed our morning together as well.” She smiled up at Allison and raised the seat of her chair to even out the height difference. “I guess Lee didn’t, but… He had a point.”

“It’s risky. We need to keep that in mind. I am the only thing passing for a doctor around here, and that has to go first, you know?” Her hand reached out to grab Allyson’s. “But outside of this clinic, anything goes.”

Ally Locke likes this.
  11. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally could see that @Kay was doing her best to retain the professionalism that she had always had even when Ally had come into the office for the initial examination. Watching Kay react to everything, Ally wondered if there was something beyond her professionalism that held her back. She wondered if Lee’s words really got to Kay. Thinking about it, Ally wondered if Lee was trying to prevent them from being something amazing. As she thought, something touched her hand it brought her out of her consistent thought circle.

“Why does Lee have to involve himself…he’s getting in the way…Why are you letting him get in the way?” Ally sighed heavily as she knew that Lee was going to be an issue. He was over protective and there was something going on with him and Kay. She would have to begin her own little investigation to get that secret uncovered. Did she want to uncover it? At this point she didn’t know if she wanted to or not. Her fingers laced with Kay’s as she nodded understanding what the woman was implying. They had to be careful. Allison had to be careful with Kay, she could blow the small bit of undercover she had still left.

“I wish it didn’t have to be this way. I – I just want to be with you. I know it’s early in whatever this is. I just struggle being away from you?” There was something that made her unsure of herself. Maybe this was one of those onetime things and when the ship docked things were over and another girl would take her place. Sighing softly, Ally nodded once more. “I understand. I won’t do this again I promise. I’ll be good and wait for you after hours.” Ally shifted uncomfortably on the table as she held onto Kay’s hand slightly tighter than before. “At least since we’re the only ones here, can I at least be close to you before having to go back to the engine room?”

Kay likes this.
  12. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Lee is just worried.” Kay tried to assure Ally. “He doesn’t want conflicts of interests on the ship.”

Ally continued talking and Kay got out of her seat to pull her off the patient’s table. While she wouldn’t claim that being separated was hard on her, she could admit that maybe there were things that had happened during lunch that she wished hadn’t. Lee, for one. She chuckled at Ally’s promise that it wouldn’t happen again and that she wouldn’t lie about sickness just to see Kay again. Her head nodded in appreciation of that. It wouldn’t be the right thing to let it happen to any greater degree. If anything it would throw more suspicion onto the entire thing.

“Well, you are here aren’t you?” Kay pulled Ally in close to kiss her forehead. “We have maybe five or ten minutes of as much being close as you want.”

“Did you want to talk about anything else? Or did you just want to get that off your chest?” Kay separated from Ally to let her hands rest on her shoulders. “I am loosely trained in mental health issues too. For the sake of the crew.”

Ally Locke likes this.
  13. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Standing in front of Kay, Ally smiled. The woman had pulled her off the patient table. There was no reason for her to be sitting there especially since she wasn’t sick or anything. The table was meant for patients and she was just a love-sick puppy spending time with her toy. The kiss on the forehead was appreciated, but she wanted more. Her hands wrapped around Kay’s waist as she pulled her close and her head rested against the doctor’s shoulder. She could hear the soft beating of Kay’s heart along with the sound of her voice echoing in her chest.

Ally squeezed the other woman tightly, this was what she needed just for a moment and she slowly released Kay. “No, nothing else. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I felt like I just needed to tell you…” Sighing softly she lifted her head from Kay’s shoulder and looked at her. “Something just made me want to tell you, I mean is it weird?” She looked at Kay maybe there was something that she also wanted to say and Ally felt awkward and pulled away slightly.

Everything that Lee had mentioned started to surface again. She needed to not pressure Kay, she couldn’t lean on her like this. If she seemed desperate it would force Kay away from her and that was the last thing she ever wanted. Ally pulled fully away from Kay and made some distance between them. “I just wanted to tell you that I appreciated it and that I was happy you were my first. I’ll uh see you at dinner yes? Hopefully this time Lee finds something else to entertain him.”

She wanted to ask if they were going to see each other after dinner as well, but it was best to not push the issue. @Kay was fragile in a sense and Ally couldn’t damage her even more or scare her some way. She moved to walk out of the clinic, but she hesitated, just in case Kay wanted to say something or do something.

Ally wanted to go back and steal a kiss from her, but Lee’s words consistently played repeatedly in her mind.

14. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “It’s not weird at all.” Kay smiled. “Sometimes you just need to express something. And I appreciate your compliment. Thank you.”

Her arm brushed up and down against the Martian’s back for a few short moments before they let go as the other woman pulled away. She kept an open mind, if this was her first time then it probably meant more than Kay would expect, or know. Her first hadn’t been too different than this. The only real difference had been that Kay was left behind and the stranger, well, she had just left.

There was no room or need for that here.

“See you at dinner, Miss Locke.” Kay waved at her as she stopped by the door. “I am looking forward to it.”

But until then, well, reports.

Sigh.

Ally Locke likes this.
  15. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally nodded and left the exam room. She needed to make sure she never did that again. It was embarrassing specially to try and explain to Kay why she did what she did. It was a weird feeling, to have to see someone so that your day continued to feel like it was going somewhere. As she wandered down towards the engine room, Ally wondered if Kay wanted to see her as much as she wanted to see her. If this was as one sided as it felt, the Martian knew this was going to end bad. A hand rested against her face as she continued to think quietly on the matter. Maybe it was a promising idea to back off, Lee had mentioned that Kay needed space and not to be forced into something.

“Yes, Ally you’re being overbearing…” She mumbled to herself as she paused in the corridor. A hand ran along her face as she nodded, she was being too much like a puppy who had just found someone that gave them a treat. She followed Kay like a dog wanting attention and needed to calm down. Being how she was now was not the way to get the woman to want to be with her. Ally continued to walk down the corridor, maybe she would skip dinner tonight despite hearing that Kay was looking forward to it. Being this available would make Kay bored with her possibly. Though, she really wanted to see Kay again, especially tonight.

Everything was so conflicting, but once she entered the engine room, she nodded towards the foreman who didn’t say a word to her. He assumed that the doctor had fixed the new member of the team right up and she would be okay. A few hours had passed and he called the girl over. “Cargo. Shorthanded, you’re Martian that means you’re a bit stronger than the others especially them belters. Go.” Ally’s jaw could have hit the ground, but she knew there was no arguing. Putting the tools away she washed her hands a bit and then wandered down to the cargo hold where pallets were being held for delivery.

After a quick tutorial about organization, she began to work. If the math was done correctly in her head, she was already late for dinner. Sighing softly, she just continued to work maybe this was a good thing in the long run. Her choice for skipping dinner was made for her, but if she worked fast enough she would be able to make it. Dinner wasn’t starting for another thirty mins. Looking down at her watch she sighed, she needed to finish a few more towers of sorting, but maybe she would make it. Ally wondered with Kay being a doctor she could check in where each employee of the ship was located – there could be some sort of hope that the woman knew where she was.

“Great, just great…” Ally continued to sort cursing under her breath and how all she wanted to do was spend a quiet meal with the cute blonde doctor.

Kay likes this.
  16. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    At this point the reports were already done. Kay got her device out to get the papers read, analyzed and sent to whoever handled her business. The glass-like terminal lit up in her hand with tables of information that she had filled out as well as an attachment of the image taken upon arrival. She double checked everything, and once it got all the more obvious that she had indeed once again filled the forms out to perfection, they were sent.
    It was still a good while until dinner at that point, or breakfast, or whatever they wanted to call it. Meal three for Kay, meal one for those who would take over when the rest of the crew was asleep. She opened the cabinet in the corner of her eye to throw a quick look at her supply again. It was a habit she had picked up ever since Jess had been around with frequent intervals. Things ended up missing, Jess ended up richer and Kay had been suckered right into it and probably still would have been if Jess hadn’t got caught red-handed when trying to sell the supply to teenagers by the arrivals terminal, twenty minutes after Kay had taken off again for work.

Whichever part of her had thought that it would work was an idiot.

She was an idiot.

“Hey doc, we’re sending one of the cargo workers over. He’s having a nervous breakdown.” Her terminal chimed up and Kay groaned.

“Alright, I’ll be waiting for him.” She nodded back at the screen and then hung up.

She waited no more than two minutes before the man stepped into the room, aided by a fellow worker who bowed out of the clinic and went back to work again. Short and stocky, like her. So he was an Earther.

“Hello, Jack.” She smiled at him and rolled her chair over to the patient’s table. “Take a deep breath, tell me all about it…”

This would take a while.

Ally Locke likes this.
  17. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The cargo wasn’t something to bat an eye at, the work was hard and she had seen one of the guys being taken off. Her head poked out from behind one of the boxes and she overheard some of what was going on. “Jack’s off to see that hot doctor, maybe I should fake something.” The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she continued to hear the locker room banter. Ducking back behind the crate she inhaled deeply. Kay was attractive and they’d have to be blind to not see it, but to hear them talking about her like that and not being able to say something broke something inside of Ally.

She sighed and then returned to work before the guys noticed she wasn’t doing anything but feeling sorry for herself. The work was extremely physical and the time went by quickly. She hadn’t noticed everyone else had left to catch the last bit of dinner, until it was too late. One of the guys for the exchange shift walked over and patted her on the shoulder. “Hey go sleep.” She looked down at her watch and noticed the time and nodded. “Missed dinner huh?” The guy nodded and then went to work on the crate that she had started on.

Ally wandered down the corridor and wiped her forehead free of the sweat that had accumulated with the back of her hand. She probably smelled like something fierce and headed into her room after several attempts to get in. The uniform peeled off her body as she took a shower. Her mind wandered to Kay and in an instant the warm water turned ice cold. She needed to focus herself knowing that if she let herself continue on like this she was going to ruin her status with MNI and in the long run with Kay. After the shower she wandered over to her bunk and pulled out some of the protein meal bars she stashed with her. Ate one and then laid in her bed staring at the ceiling.

The morning had started out perfectly and then everything went downhill. She had wanted to spend the evening with the doctor, to actually sleep next to someone for once. Still, they needed to keep their secret a secret and Ally sighed and closed her eyes for just a moment. Her eyes opened as sleep didn’t come as fast as she had hoped. The ceiling became her focus as she did her best to not reach out for her hand terminal. If @Kay had retired already, the last thing she’d want is Ally disturbing her.

Kay likes this.
  18. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    In the end ‘Jack’ had been a pleasant surprise. Pleasant in the regard that he was actually having a genuine panic attack and not just faking it to have reason to see the doctor. Half her time was spent with those recruits, and most of the time she gave them reason not to try it again. There was a notable and recent exception, but that was allowed to happen simply because Kayleigh herself was in on it. To a degree at least. Allyson coming by was also inherently a far more pleasant experience than haggard old men reeking of sweat.

The evening passed and so did dinner without sight of the brunette. Kay threw Lee a look, had a conversation with him about it and he seemed about as unaware of it as Kay was. They might also have shared pointed questions if it was him, but after a quick apology and explanation of the situation, it was put to rest. Lee admitted that maybe he was being a bit overbearing, and Kay would give him a not so subtle ‘you think?’ But in the end, they were as good as two peas in a pod again.

So the dinner went and passed, and before long so did the night.

As morning ‘dawned’ on her there was little more on her mind than the morning before. There was no brunette here now, and there was no weird memories of girlfriends from the past. There was just the hum of the ship, the cold metal floors and a morning ritual that Kay had practiced to the point of memorizing the entire thing by heart.

She entered the mess hall thirty minutes before shift started. She got her little snack bars, placed her terminal on the table and began to read her articles. With luck, Ally would be here soon. They could continue where they left off.

Wherever that was. Kay’s brow perked as she glanced around the room. It felt like it was such a long time ago already.

Ally Locke likes this.
  19. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The evening was rough, a part of Ally wondered if @Kay would have looked for her in the evening. There was never a knock at her door and there was never a message to her hand terminal. The fact that none of this happened, Ally held on to the terminal and tossed and turned through the night. It had come time for her to get up for breakfast, she sat in her bed and stared at the door. She didn’t want to get out of bed and she didn’t want to head to the mess hall for breakfast. Still, it was only the second day and she needed to not get fired.

Moving out of bed she showered and dressed. The corridor twisted and she finally found her way into the mess. Yawning, she slumped towards the line and grabbed just the protein bar. Her lack of sleep didn’t help make her hungry and her mind playing over what happened yesterday with Lee and his conversations about Kay. She ran her hand through her short hair and started to eat the bar. Finally, her eyes focused and she made eye contact with the blonde who seemed to be searching for something. Ally didn’t jump up and head to the table Kay was at, she paused and looked around. Maybe Kay was looking for Lee, they were best friends.

Shaking her head, she did her best to shake the emotions she was feeling about Kay in the negative light. The blonde was hopefully looking for her and Ally wandered over to the table and sat down. Her tank top showing her slender shoulders and her jumpsuit’s arms tied around her waist. A hand went down and pulled at the tank-top that liked to crawl up her slender frame. Ally made a note to get a smaller jumpsuit that liked to slide off her hips despite the sleeves being tied around her waist and to get a longer or bigger tank top. A smile spread across her face despite the bags under her eyes. “Good morning, Doctor.” She held back calling Kay beautiful that would only step over the boundaries of their in public friendship.

Though under the table, her foot moved towards Kay’s leg and rubbed against it softly. It was a boundary that she shouldn’t cross, but under the table was something that no one paid attention too. She also needed to just feel some part of Kay against her. “I’m sorry I missed dinner last night…”

Kay likes this.
  20. Kay

Kay Lancaster

Character Biography:
    Bio
    There she was! The Martian took a seat and Kay brought her a smile. Under most circumstances she was a morning person, yesterday just hadn’t been it. She said good morning, and Kay bowed her head in reply.

“Morning, Locke.” She held back the urge to lean forward as a foot met with her leg. The smile on her lips melted into something far more relaxed, and the glances she threw at Allison grew easier.

At least until the thing about dinner.

“That’s quite alright, it happens a lot when we are understaffed.” A chuckle parted her lips as she thought about it. It seemed destined to be a struggle. A foot moved up to brush against Allyson’s. “I was close to missing it too. Had a patient come by, needed some help with- well, doctor things.”

Secrecy and professionalism. Kayleigh in a nutshell.

“Got it sorted by the time it was time to eat, and then sleep. I would have made you aware, but well… You might have been asleep for all I knew. Or working. It could wait until the morning.”

A moment passed before, “So, when do I introduce you to the crew? I asked around, they’re quite interested in getting to know you.”

Ally Locke likes this.