SPACE Duct Tape

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Dieter Kohler, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Dieter chuckled, stretching his limbs out a little around her, enjoying the extra legroom afforded by a bunk built by belters for belters, then shrugged gently enough not to shift her to much. “We don’t know for sure. Feels a little like one right now, actually.”

Once something popped that shouldn’t have, he made a little ‘oof’ sound and settled back into place. “Don’t remember the last time reality felt so…agreeable.”

He laughed at that, at his own expense. Sappy? Maybe a little. But it was the truth. He wasn’t sure when the last time he’d been remotely glad to be awake had been. “So. First. What’s on the agenda for today? Second. How long can we put it off for?”

Violet likes this.
  2. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Violet was quiet for a few moments, giving her brain some time to properly boot up. There was work to be done, but she most certainly did not want to do it. Which was a first. Normally, she couldn't wait to get away from people and back to the safety of her work. A low chuckle purred in the back of her throat at the realization.

"Well... we should be approachin' Phoebe fairly soon, I imagine. We should probably come up with uh... a plan. Since we seem t'be lackin' one of those at the moment."

Her head tilted back and she quickly covered her mouth with the back of her hand as she yawned.

"As for how long we can put it off? I dinnae ken. Nae sure I want them t'start lookin' for us." She laughed softly once more and kissed the corner of his mouth.

A pause, her mouth quirked to the side.

"So uh... what exactly are we gonna tell the other two? Anythin'?" The question was a little awkward, considering she didn't really know what to even call her and Dieter. Her nose wrinkled, it was too late to censure herself now.

"I mean uh.." Her words fumbled and she blushed. "Y'ken what... forget I said that."

Dieter Kohler likes this.
  3. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He flinched a little at being kissed, his sleep-addled mind taking a moment to recall - oh, right. They did that, now. Apparently. But she was worried about being found out. He smirked at her. “You care? Jesus, Vi, I know I’m not exactly model material but…ouch.”

Grinning ear to ear he shook his head. “Eh. Fuck ‘em. Do what you want. I mean, I’m a gentleman, naturally. Wouldn’t kiss and tell. Especially since it’s you.”

In anticipation of potential retaliation, he pushed himself back a little - not that there was too far to go, snickering like a child before shaking his head and looking mock-serious. “Right. Phoebe, though. I’ve got an idea or two bouncing around.”

Violet likes this.
  4. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She wrinkled her freckled nose up at him and then she rolled onto her back, running both her hands through her hair with a heavy sigh.

"Well, let's hear these ideas of yours."

The fact that he had flinched didn't go unnoticed. She heaved a mental sigh and closed her eyes. There was a brief moment when her mind wandered to darker thoughts, but she quickly pushed those aside.

She wasn't broken. She wasn't alone anymore -- she had Dieter and Keith; along with the martian woman that she was coming around on, Alanna.

Take it slow, woman. She chided herself.

Rolling onto her side to face him once more, she propped her head up in the palm of her head. "Unless your plan is t'jus throw Belters at the problem until it fixes itself."

5. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “That’s kind of been the core component of the entire operation from the start,” he chuckled, mirroring her posture for two seconds before giving up on it and collapsing down into the mattress, his face smashed against the stale gel, half-unintelligible as he refused to exert the effort to peel his mouth off the bed. “But just a better way of doing it. Word is the Thief’s sending down an EVA-capable loader mech for the landing. Makes sense. Why risk a ship?”

He searched her eyes to see if she was a step ahead of his explanation. “We’ve got the tug. And maybe an idea for a compromise?”

He blinked, bit his lip, wondering if he should even go down this road again. He had to at least try. “We both know I’d feel a lot better if you weren’t on the ground assault team. We also both know I can’t fly for shit. Maybe we meet halfway? You pilot the tug, and stay tucked safely inside while I go make the Belters do the reckless shit?”

He fake-grinned nervously.

Violet likes this.
  6. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She wasn't angry with him. How could she be? It wasn't like he was trying to keep her off the ground team for no reason.

Her eyes searched his for several seconds, then she rolled onto her stomach, propping her chin on top of her forearm. "I'm gonna chose t'believe that's because you're worried about me, and nae because y'think that I'd jus' get in your way." She remarked lightly, fingers picking at the gel in between them.

The silence stretched between them as she considered his words. As much as she hated to admit it, he had a point. The injury she'd sustained at Ceres still wasn't fully healed and she was hardly at peak capacity, not matter how much she claimed to be.

She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

"Say I agree to that... what happens if a group of armed and angry martians or guards or whatever, loop back around to the tug?"

7. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Laying on his back and holding his hands above him palm up, he furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he pretended to weigh the reasons she listed, before looking back over at her and laughing it off without answering. Really, it was a little bit of both. He’d sideline the whole crew if he thought they’d cooperate.

He preemptively took that as agreement, and smiled at her, until she spoke again. Then, he frowned for an extended moment before speaking, only after carefully considering his words: “Shit.”

“Shit.” He turned his head to glare at her, interlacing his fingers and resting them on his stomach, trying to look cross, but failing pretty miserably. “Can you just let me think I have a good idea once in a while? And next you’re gonna ask what happens when a Martian destroyer rolls up, if I plead with you to stay on the Alby.”

He sighed, reached over, and flicked her on the nose. Fine. You don’t leave my side, okay? But if you fuck up and die on me after all...uh...this?” He waved a finger between them. “ A. That would figure, with my luck. And B. I’ll be very, very upset with you.”

Violet likes this.
  8. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She smiled warmly at him and caught his pinky finger with her own, leaning towards him.

"Deal. On one condition: you're nae allowed t'die either, Dee."
    She murmured lowly to him, holding his gaze intently. "Dinnae do somethin' stupid out there that'll get you killed."

It was a silly thing, but his insistence that she stay by his side sent a little flutter through her stomach. She scooted closer to him so that her side was pressed against his. What she really wanted to do was put her head down on his chest, but she refrained.

She took a deep breath and slowly sighed. "Promise?"

9. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Dieter made a show of rolling his eyes and huffing. Fine.”

Smiling wickedly, he turned to face her. His instinct was to scoop her up in his arms and pull her against him, but the previous night’s incident with assertive moves was fresh on his mind. He opted to go with a half-measure: no sudden movements, just carefully encircling her with his arms and starting his face on a slow decent in towards . “But what about if I do something incredibly brave and noble that gets me kil-”

He stopped, his lips hanging inches above hers, the smile slowly withering into a firm, straight line, the boyish glint in his eyes fading. He let out a low sigh, and pushed himself back. Pulling away from her, he rolled onto his back, now holding the syringe he’d felt through her jacket and subsequently fished out.

He didn’t say anything, just held the needle between the thumb and index fingers of both hands, slowly rotating it in the dim lighting, staring at it as if if the subzero itself might explain what it had been doing in Violet’s pocket, if he waited long enough.

Violet likes this.
  10. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Guilt and shame etched themselves clearly onto Violet's features as Dieter rolled away from her with the syringe in hand. She pulled herself up into a seated position, back pressed against the bulkhead behind her with a heavy sigh. There was no need to make excuses, Dieter would see right through it and call her on the bullshit.

Her hands collected in her lap, fingers anxiously twinging together as she stared intently down at her hands.

"Look... I dinnae want to... tell you and Keith about what's goin' on, because the both of ya already feel guilty enough." Her thumb pressed firmly into the palm of the opposite hand, the nail biting into the flesh. "I'm nae gonna make up reasons and lies t'spin."

She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. This was something she had hoped to avoid, but her cowardice had forced her hand. She knew how Dieter had reacted to Keith's reliance on the drug, she hadn't wanted him to think less of her because she was struggling. "I'm scared of what's gonna happen when I'm out of painkillers, Dee. Was nae plannin' on shootin' the stuff up while we were on the job. I jus'... it's like this temptin' gnawin' at the back of my head. Normally, I can ignore it but... when I saw it in your pocket.. I..." Her words faltered and she wasn't sure what else to say.

"I dinnae even ken what I'm sayin'... you're right t'be angry. Please jus'... throw it out the airlock or somethin'... I dinnae want t'ruin everythin'."

11. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Dieter's silence probably read as anger, a quiet fury that urged him to hold his tongue for fear of saying too much. To be fair, there was a hint of that - but it stemmed from the theft itself, rather than the clear implication of Violet wanting it in the first place. After all, how fair was it to critique her for an addiction that he was at least partially responsible for? Besides, if this was the cost that came with saving her life, to have her here, he'd do it all over again. He turned it over in his fingers one more time, holding the liquid up to the light before he flipped it into his palm and extended it out towards her.

"I'm not angry," he replied, almost truthfully. "Here."

He took another moment to make sure he appeared as calm as he intended to, and looked back at her. "Really."

"I'm not your keeper, Vi. I'm your..." 'Friend' sounded a little harsh. More sounded presumptuous. Not wanting to get hung up on it, he pressed on quickly. "It's not my place to control what you do or don't do."

He paused again for a long moment, considering elaborating. Why not? Maybe it would help. "You're right. Cold turkey isn't going to be fun. Maybe it isn't the best route. But Violet, trust me, I know it's early days but...you don't get past this by letting somebody make you quit. That might work in the short term, but until you figure out how to end it yourself, there's always going to be a 'next time.'"

He practically bit his tongue when he realized he'd gone a bit too far. Violet hadn't even consciously taken Sub once, that he was aware of. It was a little early in the game to try to relate, and he'd just shown his hand. Still - if a little shared experience helped in the slightest, it would make it worthwhile. "So I want you to hang onto it - that's important, to gain control - but I don't want you to take it alone. The itch gets so bad you can't bear it, you come find me, and we'll figure it out together. Or maybe Keith's the better candidate. I wouldn't have it in the first place if he wasn't showing some promise on that front."

Violet likes this.
  12. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Violet frowned a little as Dieter spoke. Reluctantly, she reached out to take the syringe from him. Her fingers brushed against his and she chewed her bottom lip. In his own way, he was trying to help her. He was putting no small amount of faith in her, while also offering to be her support if she stumbled. A lump formed her throat, but she quickly swallowed it back down with a nervous smile.

"I dinnae want t'tell Keith, he feels horrible enough as it is."
    She shook her head a few times then tucked the syringe back into the pocket. It was comforting to know that she could go to Dieter with this... new and rather uncomfortable problem. There had been plenty of times that she had been exposed to narcotics, and she had even seen a crew mate overdose on a long ice haul once, she didn't want to become that.

Trying to go at this alone was foolhardy and it would only put her at a disadvantage. Better to work through it with someone she trusted, which wasn't something she was used to having around. She reached out to Dieter with a warm, but strained, smile; gently placing her hand on top of his forearm.

This certainly wasn't going to be easy, but she at least felt like it was manageable now.

"I should have told you sooner. It will nae happen again."
    She said gently. "And I ken that you're nae m'keeper, but it's... well... it's nice t'have someone." She wanted to lean down to kiss him, but she didn't want to push her luck. Already, she was on proverbial thin ice.

13. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "You're not doing him any favors by keeping it from him. He's probably losing sleep wondering exactly how it's affecting you." Wait. Did...he just go to bat for Keith? For the Belter who evidently was still smuggling drugs on board their ship? How much more did he have? Had he given Dieter his last dose, or was he just taking an afternoon of sobriety to get his head straight? These were the kinds of questions that needed answering - especially with a combat operation underway, and a ship full of strangers. He'd have to dig Keith at some point later on, have a chat. "Again, that's up to you."

Pushing himself up and scooting back next to her - in a cramped reenactment of the prior night's arrangement, he returned the smile with equal effort, though he expected the reasons for the strain were different. The concern gnawing at him was simple: 'How long?' How long before the shine wore off, before she actually started believed that he was the person he'd always insisted that he was? How long before he crushed her? Before he got her hurt, or killed? Before he was just another of her many regrets? It felt blasphemous to even consider that amid the dopamine-rush he got every time he looked at her, but he'd been around the block enough times to know that no matter how wonderful it seemed at first, there was always an expiration date.

That was hard to believe, sitting face-to-face with her, unable to resist at least the traces of a natural smile as his eyes flitted over her face, taking in and quietly adoring the little details one could only notice at this intimate range. He didn't want to ever hurt her. Didn't want to break her. Shouldn't have started down this road in the first place. He felt a little preemptively guilty at the prospect of the fight or adverse conditions that would eventually end them, which he realized was absurd. But it was too late now. The damage was done. Might as well enjoy every single moment while they could.

He bit his lip, scooted just a little closer and carefully entwined an arm between her back and the wall, giving her a squeeze. "Yeah. Yeah, it really is."

#73 Dieter Kohler, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Violet likes this.
  14. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The hesitation and doubt in his eyes was hard to miss, but she was reluctant to mention the strained expression. With his arm wrapped around her, she leaned against him and nestled her temple against his shoulder. She took a long breath and slowly exhaled through her nose, letting herself relax, at least physically.

Inside her head, doubts of her own still plagued her. Was this just a front? An act to get something from her? If it was, she couldn't work out the angle. Why would he be willing to put up with all of her ... issues, if he just wanted sex? There were much easier and less complicated ways to go about getting that at literally any station in the belt. And it wasn't like she had much else to offer.

The thought made her wince internally. No, she was more than that.

Maybe there wasn't some ulterior motive, some underlying goal that she wasn't privy to. It seemed unlikely, but there was always the chance that he genuinely cared about her. She chewed at her bottom lip as the thoughts tumbled around in her head.

Sitting here with him, pressed against him as he wrapped an arm around her, it felt right. She wasn't sure how else to put it. He didn't have anything to gain from this. She just had to allow herself to trust him -- which was a terrifying prospect. Everyone she had ever let her guard down with, had ended up promptly taking advantage of that in one way or another.

But Dieter wasn't trying to break her down and force her to open up to him. It just came naturally.

A soft smile spread over her features and she lifted her head up to gently press her lips against his temple. For now, the future didn't matter all that much. Even she deserved to be happy, and damn it, being with him brought her no small amount of joy. She wanted to be here with him, to enjoy the moment. All she could really do was hope that he felt the same.

"Y'dinnae have to worry about breakin' me, Dieter. I'm nae a glass doll. Jus' cuz y'ken a bit more about me does nae mean I've changed over night. I jus' require a little extra patience, is all."

15. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Ah. Yeah. Sorry."

She'd called him out on it, and he'd hardly even realized he was doing it. He was treating her differently - not harshly - but a bit more delicately than befitted him. He wasn't really quite sure how to stop. It was like someone suggesting he stop tiptoeing just because he'd learned the hard way that he was walking through a minefield. The smart thing would be to backpedal, to retrace his steps back to the safe distance he'd started at. Dieter didn't feel like being smart, at the moment.

To emphasize his understanding, he squeezed her a little harder around the waist - not harshly, but enough to get the faint joke across, before leaning down as if too kiss her, but instead biting her squarely on the tip of the nose. Looking quite please with himself, he winked at her. "I know, Vi. That's fine. We've got plenty of time. I'll just keep getting my backrubs from Keith in the meantime."

Violet likes this.
  16. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Violet giggled when he nipped the tip of her nose. She pulled away from him by a few inches, rubbing at the offended area with a playful scowl.

"Rude."
    She quipped back to him, grinning.

Her eyes swept over his form, considering him carefully. She couldn't blame him for being cautious with her. So far, she hadn't proven to be the most stable of individuals. In fact, she was rather surprised that he hand't tossed her to the floor and sprinted out of the room yet. Since he hadn't bolted, however, it left her feeling rather hopeful.

Moving slowly, she shifted her weight and settled over his lap with her hands resting lightly on his shoulders. "Keith gives you backrubs?" She teased. "Who the hell is gonna rub m'back then, hmm?"

Tetrarch likes this.
  17. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yeah. He's incredible. Got those long fingers for that deep tissue massage," Dieter smirked, moving his hands to rest on her waist, grinning up at her mischievously. Shrugging a little, he rubbed his unshaven cheek against one of her her arms and laughed. "I don't know. Gonna have to ask around. Maybe convince someone?"

They probably needed to get up, probably needed to make an appearance before someone got worried. Probably. He tugged her closer, kissing her from below, working his way down the underside of her jawline until his chin rested against lightly against her chest. He looked up at her, blinking slowly.

"We should....get up, get out there." He smiled smarmily, cocking his head a millimeter to one side, "Right?"

Violet and Tetrarch like this.
  18. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    His stubble brushed against the sleeve of his jacket and she chuckled softly along with him. "Hrm... wonder who I could possibly ask to rub my back." She teased. "May have t'ask one of our passengers, maybe."

Her head tilted back slightly as he kissed his way along the underside of her jaw, a smile on her lips and her eyes gently closing. It was almost startling how easily she could relax with him, but the last thing she wanted to do at the moment, was pull away from him. They were allowed to be happy for five minutes. Everyone else on the ship could just wait, for all she cared.

She looked down at him when he stopped and asked if they should get up, a small frown forming. Her weight shifted on his lap and she wrapped her arms a bit more securely around his shoulders.

"I think we can spare a few more minutes, aye? I dinnae hear anyone bangin' on the door jus' yet."
    She murmured quietly.

19. Dieter Kohler

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Worth a shot. They seem like a charitable lot." After all, they'd have probably volunteered readily if he asked them to do some amateur acupuncture on him.

"Oh." He'd been half-joking when he asked, but was caught a little off guard when she semi-pinned him down, and voiced her objection. It was a surprise, but not an unpleasant one. "Well then. Aye aye, ma'am."

He leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers, decisively but not aggressively, squeezing her and scooting forward a bit to put some distance between them and the wall to give them some space.

Violet likes this.
  20. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Being seated on top of him held with the anxiety that she normally would have felt, and now he knew to not push her too far too quickly. She smiled against his lips when he kissed her, inhaling sharply through her nose. One hand moved to trail her fingers across his unshaven cheek, seeming to enjoy the feel of his stubble beneath her touch. It tickled against her face as he kissed her, making her grin all the more.

Her other hand reached up above her head, bracing against the top of his bunk to make sure that he didn't accidentally knock her into the metal surface.

Hell, the two of them could spend the rest of the trip locked away in his room and he wouldn't get any complaints from her. The Belters might have griped a little, seeing as he was supposed to be the master mind behind their boarding party -- but Dieter would probably just enjoy that all the more. He certainly seemed to enjoying egging them on.

There was a brief moment when she considered suggesting that they did just that. They would get paid either way, just without the extra incentive of boarding the station. Seemed like a fair trade off from where she was sitting.

Teasingly, she nipped against his bottom lip.

"Good answer."

Janus DeCosta likes this.