Dropping In

Discussion in 'Arrivals and Departures' started by Haiki Haruro, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Haiki Haruro

Hi beratnas. I am an Expanse fan from Europe, just finished reading Persepolis Rising and love both the books and the show. I have a background in aviation and also acquired a bit of knowledge about astrophysics and orbital dynamics along the way which is why I love the realistic near future setting of The Expanse. I have played some fantasy RP when I was younger but stopped about ten years ago and look forward to start again.
    I am so happy to see that there is an active RP community in the Expanse Universe. Looking forward to start exploring.

Solaris, HSAR, drifter and 3 others like this.
  2. Tetrarch

Welcome aboard lad, glad to have you with us.

Have a gander around the forums and check out our Discord as well. Any questions and I'm sure myself, the other staff, or any of our lovely members will be glad to answer them for you. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Any faction you're leaning towards?

Solaris and Haiki Haruro like this.
  3. Ailbe Bynes

Ailbe Bynes Captain

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Welcome to the party.

Solaris, Haiki Haruro and Tetrarch like this.
  4. drifter

Hello and welcome!

There's quite a large European population on the board, but people are from all over the globe.
    I hope you enjoy this place and find a spot or two to settle in and connect. So it seems your first character is a glorified bus driver (aka shuttle pilot) on Mars?

Have you had a chance to see the TV show yet?

5. Kat

Kat

hi o/ feel free to hop on the discord and introduce yourself there, too! you'll get replies a lot faster

6. HSAR

European fans represent!

Good to have you with us :)

7. Haiki Haruro

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome.
    @Tetrarch will do. The character doesn´t have a faction yet. She is kind of disgrunteled with the MCRN for personal reasons but isn´t leaning towards any faction yet
    @drifter that´s basically it. The character has only been piloting small skiffs and puddlejumpers so far, nothing like the big interplanetary vessels but who knows what will come. I initially planned to design an earther but Mars is less explored in the books so it might be interesting to dig a little deeper into the MCR and life on Mars. I have seen the show, absolutely love the Cas Anvar version of Alex Kamal =)

If anyone is planning to set up a story on Mars let me know =)

drifter, Solaris and Tetrarch like this.
  8. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Haiki Haruro Welcome to the board! We are glad to have you here! :)

We have a few Mars threads ongoing if you would like to join in! We are also planning a few more Mars threads as well. Do you have any ideas on what you would like to try out on Mars first?

Tetrarch likes this.
  9. Haiki Haruro

@Solaris thanks a lot, I looked into a couple of threads already and I really like the platform you guys created with the timeline, the story events and so on. I am really looking forward to my first story.

I am currently exchanging some ideas with Cpt_Buttersworth since he is planning to start a story on Mars.

As you might have read the character is a little disgrunteled with the MCR on a personal level so she doesn´t have affiliations with any faction at this point in time. I did this deliberately hoping the first story will either push her into the arms of one of the factions eventually. I don´t have any specific plans for her yet. Kind of hoping for the OPA at some point, a born earther grown up on Mars getting in touch with the OPA would be kind of fun now that I think about it ^^

Solaris likes this.
  10. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Haiki Haruro Love it!! Super excited to roleplay with you on the board then! @Cpt_Buttersworth is an awesome rper and can most def plug you in. Drop on by our discord chat if you want to meet other Martians too!

Haiki Haruro likes this.
  11. drifter

An MCRN that is losing connection sounds very interesting material.

I am currently thinking about doing something UN intelligence related, maybe with the background of an investigation into the proliferation of stealth tech. Maybe our paths could cross there, maybe she's willing to get into contact with someone from Earth too.
    It's about preventing a war after all.

And I totally second that Cas Anvar love ^^

#12 drifter, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Solaris, Haiki Haruro and HSAR like this.
  12. Haiki Haruro

@drifter that sounds like an interesting story to participate in. I can already tell you that I am losely planning to involve her in precisely that kind of shady business in the foreseable future so she might become an interesting contact for any investigation. What exactly will be subjected to the first story. I like the idea of picking up that investigation.

Solaris likes this.