SPACE Drifting

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Tadgh, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    “It's alright,” he mumbled as she rubbed at her cheek. Seeing her embarrassment brought forth a warmth of his own, but it was deep in his chest rather than his face. Tadgh found something else to look at.

As soon as she started speaking again the blinking light on the consoles opposite them stopped holding his interest and he turned back to face her. He couldn't let her speak like this and not be giving her his full attention.

“Thank you. Again. And thank you for being there when I woke up. At the hospital and in that cell. I didn't say that before and I should have. It meant a lot to not be alone then.

“Looks we'll get this crap done with Helix and over time it will just be further and further behind us. Just going to be… Yeah for a while.” He failed to think of a good word for what the aftermath was, but managed to garble his point across.

Her Manus likes this.
  2. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    For some reason that she couldn’t quite explain, Lyla felt the sudden urge to reach out to Tadgh as his spoke. She hadn’t even realized that her hand had moved towards him until it was resting lightly against his forearm.

Before she gave her answer, she hesitantly pulled her hand back, realizing that it might be entirely too personal a touch. “You’d had done the same. I couldn’t just leave you there alone, not in that condition.” She murmured softly, giving a faint smile.

“I just hope Helix doesn’t get us killed with this job of theirs… double crossing Petrov is dangerous.” She added a moment later, clasping her hands together in her lap to keep them from moving on their own accord a second time.

Her Manus likes this.
  3. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Back on Ceres he had barely been aware when she had comforted him with a touch. This time the way she slowly retracted her hand was apparent.

You should let her know you didn’t mind, he thought to himself. Instead he kept his hands together and just nodded in agreement. Coward, he chastised himself.

He took a breath, gathered some courage and reached out. He laid his hand across both of hers. Like that it was so easy to see the differences between them. Her fingers were much longer than his own. Compared to her it seemed he had just crude, inelegant extremities.

“I’m glad you think I would have done.” He had stuck out his neck for others before and it had gone badly for him. Despite what he might have thought to himself he knew that if the same conditions came around he would do what he could for her.

“Always a good old triple cross. Feed them duff info. We’ll work it out,” he tried confidently before changing his tone. “I was out of it at the time, but that officer was creepy as hell right?”

The smile he tried was a little lopsided, dimple appearing on his left cheek. It was good to talk openly, but also good to try not to dwell on the troubling side of life in his opinion. Not that he had ever been through anything so trying before. He wouldn’t have put her through what she had been through, but in some respects he was glad for a shared weight.

4. Lyla

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Lyla looked down at his hand rest on top of hers, then she slowly turned one of her hands over and opened her fingers. The difference in their limbs was stark when compared next to each other, and she idly brushed a thumb over the back of his hand. She felt a pang of self-consciousness at the physical manifestation of their different upbringings. Nevertheless, she was grateful that he’d reached out to her and she didn’t pull away.

“Which one?” She asked with a soft chuckle, shaking her head slightly from side to side. “They were both… a little weird.” It was a pleasant distraction, even if she did know what it was, she was more than happy to pursue that line of conversation.

“At least you missed the worst of it.” She smiled, teasing Tadgh a little with a playful wink.

5. Tadgh

Discord:
    Raziel
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Heh.” He went, but inside his own mind he went: oh no. The wink had been innocent, but suddenly he was aware of the smudge of grease lingering on her cheek, the way her curls threatened to fall forwards, the way the green was more vibrant around the outside of his eyes. Don't you go thinking things like that about another member of such a small crew, he chastised himself as he tried to push that stirring back down. Now he was the one more aware of their hands together.

“Isarde seemed like your usual level or Helix corrupt. Turn the eye kind of guy. The other one was more, ‘my badge says Helix but my eyes say serial killer.’ Don't even remember if he gave a name?”

Her Manus likes this.