1. Wild Frontier

The Wild Frontier has opened. Stake your claim as we enter Chapter 5 and a new era for the Expanse RP!

Dismiss Notice

JUPITER Big Girls Don't Cry

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Violet, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Mmhmph?" went Remi. One eye opened a crack, regarded her for a count of three and then closed again.

Violet likes this.
  2. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    When he didn't immediately get up and he closed his eye once more, she carefully slid out of her bunk and gathered the blanket up off the floor. She then delicately draped it over the sleeping belter's form as he sat hunched in the chair.

She hoped that he wasn't too uncomfortable.

For a brief moment, she considered saying something to him, but she didn't want to be a bother. So instead, she quickly took her leave and ducked out of the room to make her way to the lift. He'd probably be hungry when he woke up and she wanted to see what was still in storage in the galley.

Remi Lièvremont likes this.
  3. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Remi stirred again at the rumble of the lift. Both eyes opened again slowly. He eyed the bed, then slowly scanned the room. He sat upright with a start before he recognised the sound of a lift. The brief panic slowly abated. Violet could probably manage, but he didn't know quite what those alien injections had done to her system.

He didn't rush, but he pulled himself to his feet and walked at a determined pace for the ladder. His memory was struggling with which direction the galley was in, but from the ladder he could hear Violet down a deck.

"Violet?" he called out as he slid down the ladder.

Violet likes this.
  4. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She jumped and gave a startled yelp when she heard Remi call out for her, dropping the packaged food that she was pulling out of the microwave. It landed on the deck with a flat thud. Violet grimaced a little at her reaction, worried that she'd just ruined the meal that was sealed away inside the bag. Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment and she let her long hair fall into her face to hide the fact.

"Sorry. I didnae think you were awake yet. Found some instant ravioli though... was gonna bring it to you." She answered sheepishly, peeking up at Remi from behind the strands of her auburn locks.

The bag was still hot when she picked it up by the corner, but she looked at it dubiously. She wasn't entirely sure that squished ravioli was appetizing.

5. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Oh, taki!" Remi went. The soft sounds of his steps revealed that he hadn't bothered to put his shoes back on.

"Very kind of you. Sorry, but of a light sleeper," he explained.

Remi meandered around the galley. It was the first time he had been here. These places were always the heart of a ship. At least that was what he had been told. Remi had hardly flown with a crew before. The place looked as if it had been partially renovated. It was definitely an older model.

Remi found cups, a fridge, the drinks cupboard and a half empty packet of cigarettes left behind by the OPA gunmen. The latter he pocketed. He wasn't a habitual smoker but he definitely could have done with one or two during the stress of the last few days.

"Can't find coffee, but some old teabags here?" he offered.

Violet likes this.
  6. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Tea sounds good." She answered, swiping her hair out of her eyes and then she walked over to the small table to set the bag of cooked food on top of it. From there, she went to grab them both a plate and plastic cutlery.

"You didnae have to sleep in the crash couch, y'ken." She said to him with a light chuckle, shaking her head.

7. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The smile on his face was slightly awkward as he addressed the comment, even if he chuckled in return.

"Ya, well, didn't want you to think...wanted to stay close just in case. He gave a shrug and returned to trying to work out how to get the wall mounted boiler turned back on.

He swore under his breath, about to admit there would be no tea. As he leaned closer to the unit a quiet hiss revealed that it was actually just the little light that was broken.

Violet likes this.
  8. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Violet noticed that there seemed to be something wrong and she stepped over next to Remi, head tilted slightly to the side. There was a small frown on her lips as she watched him struggle with the machine, but it turned to a smirk when the faint hiss was heard to confirm that the device was working.

"I'll fix that bulb before we leave port." She offered with a playful nudge of her elbow. "Captain."

9. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Remi nudged her back with a laugh. "You wanna be checking with a responsible adult before you declare me in charge of anyting," he said with a shake of his head.

Tea would have to wait until the water was hot enough, but he set out two mugs and teabags. They would have to be black unless Violet knew where some whitener was squirreled away.

"We should check the food and do a checklist for da ship," Remi mused. "If she is all gut we could just...go."

Violet likes this.
  10. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She paused at the suggestion, glancing around the galley with a slight smirk as she turned to lean against the metal counter with her arms folded over her chest.

"I can do a run-through on the ships systems, if you wanna see what we have for supplies?" She offered, tilting her head back and slightly to the side so that she could look up at Remi beside her.

11. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Remi fell silent as he looked down at her. Violet seemed much more comfortable around her ship. It was familiar and it presented familiar challenges. It gave them both something to do. Perhaps both of them had needed that since before they had crossed paths. She had felt so comfortable tucked in against his chest too.

Realising that he had remained silent he pushed down the sudden light flutter that started below his belly and nodded his head.

"Ya, sooner we can be away da better?" he said. The quiet popping sounds suggested the boiler had reached temperature so he poured out two mugs of steaming water to brew.

Violet likes this.
  12. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She turned back to the counter and reached for her tea after he'd poured her a mug. Her fingers curled around the stem and she blew across the steaming surface as she walked over to the table and took a seat on one of the stools. It had been so long since she'd done something as simple as sitting down and looking over a ship's maintenance log.

To her, it felt like coming home.

She set her hand terminal on the table in front of her, idly tapping on the screen to pull up the readouts that she was going to need. Like much of the Albatross, the displays were outdated and weren't in the most user friendly layout, but they were familiar to the mechanic. Her tongue clicked and she nibbled on her bottom lip, while occasionally sipping from the tea.

"At a glance, I dinnae see anything that'll keep us from taking off. Could stand for some routine maintenance during transit though." She mused quietly, tapping on the life-support system feedback to watch the levels for a short while. "Air scrubbers on deck four are gonna need changing when we get to Vesta."

Another sip from the tea, another display populated the small screen.

"Looks like we've got enough fuel pellets on board too... must've restocked after the mission."

She paused and realized that she'd gotten rather engrossed in the check-up. Clearing her throat, she smiled a little to Remi.

"You seem anxious to get underway... is everything alright?"

13. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Hah! That would have been a bad step for you eh? Escape with someone wit loans to a gang," Remi said. He took a sip of tea and silently wondered whether he would step outside the ship for a cigarette before they left.

"Honestly there is no one after me, no real reason to rush."

He sighed and turned the mug around in circles on the table in front of himself. He had always liked the colour of black tea. He looked up from the amber swirls.

"Haven't had a chance to fly for a long time. Honestly, just wanna put dis place behind me. And I know, I do, that you went through so much more. So we go at whatever pace you want, sasa ke?"

Violet likes this.
  14. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    She paused in her work and set the terminal down, a warm smile on her lips. Her thumb idly traced the rim of her mug and she glanced down to look at the dark amber of the tea.

"Yeah... I'd like to put some space between me and here too..." She murmured quietly, momentarily nibbling on her bottom lip.

"I'm sure the Alby will appreciate having a real pilot to fly her for a change... back in the day it was just me roughin' it and hoping for the best." She chuckled, running her hand through her thick hair as she changed the subject away from the dreary topic. "I know enough about flying ships to be dangerous, but that's about it."

15. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Ya, anything is dangerous enough if you keep making it faster long enough," he laughed, appreciating the change of topic for what it was. He took up the bowl of food and scooped some onto his plate. Whilst it might have been reheated, vacuum sealed ship food Remi had been forced to have lots of nutrient mush meals over the last couple of years. Those were the times when he had truly regretted not saving more of his earnings.

"Bet dis old girl been all over place?" he asked. His gaze drew and arc from one bulkhead, across the ceiling and back down the opposite wall.

"If nating else could probably do some freelance mechanic work around Vesta docks to get some coin," he offered. "Mi pretty gut at carrying a toolbox?"

Violet likes this.
  16. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yeah... she's seen quite a bit." Violet murmured, stealing a few bites out of the bowl of food that'd she'd made. "Sturdy though... has nae let me down yet."

She paused at the sentence she uttered and smirked. Ships had always been something of a soft spot for her. Each one had its own personality and quirks, the Alby was no exception. Some ships would leave you stranded and desperate; but the Albatross had always soldiered on. In fact, it was one of the few things in her life she she felt she could depend on. Giving it second thought, however, she realized that was a terribly lonely fact.

"Should be plenty of crews looking for patch up work and the like. It's how I usually get by."

17. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "You really like ships?" he asked. "Miss my old racer. All those earther ships all sleek and shiny. She looked a tin can. Tin can that had been kicked down the street a few times. But when no atmo, no drag. But earther ships still sleek," he said with a bemused shrug.

Remi had lived and breathed ships for as long as he could remember. Being at the helm of one for just a few hours had reminded him just how sorely he had missed it. Flying a drone wasn't the same at all. They knew so little of each other really, but this felt like good common ground to start on.

Violet likes this.
  18. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Her eyes lit up when he asked about her love of ships. She grinned brightly at him and gave a single nod.

"Aye. Give me a ship, an manual, and a proper tool kit and I'm a happy woman." She chuckled, finishing off the small amount of food that she'd set aside for herself. Once she was done eating, she turned her attention back to the tea, seemingly more interested in the warm drink than actually eating anything.

She didn't have much of an appetite, all things considered.

"Inyas have a tendency to put too much thought into how something looks. I've never understood why they make their ships so... delicate looking. It's nae like anyone other than the hull workers are gonna see the damned thing, y'ken?" She chuckled, shaking her head.

19. Remi Lièvremont

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "It's the external cams on a race. At least for racers..." he added. Had to remind himself that not all pilots flew to beat times and not all engineers tinkered with engines to win races.

Remi pulled his terminal free as an idea clearly struck him. The chairs were fixed so he had to move to the chair next to Violet to show her the screen.

"Yeah....searching my own name..." he groaned as he set it down. The terminal brought up a video of one of his old ring races. He frowned when he realised that the most recent comment read 'Whatever happened to Lievremont anyway?'

The view was from a camera mounted on the front section of the ship, looking back at the drive plume. A screen in the bottom right showed the interior of the vessel. A younger Remi was having his face pulled back by some serious G's. His voice could be heard talking to his technical team, but his jaw barely moved.

An asteroid came into view and the hulled seemed to come perilously close to it. In reality the ship had been about three miles away, but that was consider a close run when weaving through the rocks in Saturn's ring.

The ship really did look like a tin can stuck to an Epstein drive. The hull was stripped back in several places, leaving entirely exposed components.

Remi pointed this lack of shielding out. "Well, if a racer dies cos cosmic rays blow open the pipes...shit happens."

Violet likes this.
  20. Violet

Violet Mackenzie

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Violet was watching the ship more than anything else, taking in the components with silent intensity. She leaned closer to Remi so that she could get a better look at the video, squinting slightly. Her own terminal was forgotten on the table.

She reached over and tapped the screen to pause the video, smiling a little as she used her fingers to adjust the image and expanded the screen on a portion of the ship. "Hmm... interestin' assembly. I would nae have done it like that... effective though." She murmured, more to herself than anything.

After a moment, she zoomed back out to the original video and tapped the screen so that it would continue to play with a sheepish smile to Remi.

"I always wanted to work on a racer... never had a chance to run with someone who had one though." She explained, propping up her chin on the palm of her hand as she watched the younger Remi zip through the projected course.