CERES Between an asteroid and the hard space

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Lukas Forgrave, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Lukas Forgrave

Lukas Forgrave Scourge of the Water Pipes

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Mhm, mhm..." He grunted as he took another couple gulps on command. Setting the glass down, he coiled his fingers beneath the bottom of his shirt and slowly pulled it up and over his head.

"He didn't leave a souvenir..." He stopped himself, blinking with eyes wide. "It could have been a she, I guess. Guns don't seem to care about gender..." He rolled up the shirt and set it neatly on the table. The bullet going through and through was of value to him, meant she didn't have to go digging around.

"Check the color of the blood." A moment of clarity came to him. "Make sure it's not really dark." His eyes drifted down to Levi. "Please."

Levi Jones likes this.
  2. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "My word..." Mamen commented from the side, breathless.

"Mamen sit on the couch, I'll clean up." Levi furrowed her brow as she leaned to examine the wound, a deep frown setting into her expression. Blood soaked into the first layer of gauze, she pulled it free to check the color as requested, "It looks normal..."

She wasn't confident in that assessment. Certainly the years had given her plenty of opportunity to practice first aid on herself and others, but a medical professional she was not.

"You need to go to the hospital," of that she was perfectly confident, "I'll patch you up and take you there."

He was pale and cold and likely needed blood. She wasn't about to let him bleed out on her watch, not after everything he'd done for her. Besides, somewhere in the unwritten law of the unlawfully, illegitimately wedded, there was a clause stating she was obligated to make a fuss and tell him what to do.

Lukas Forgrave likes this.
  3. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He opened his mouth wide, yawning as he stretched his jaw. Looking over his shoulder, he reached for the hydrangea bloom and cupped it in his palm. "Regular blood means no organ damage..." He stated with a slight smile as he caressed the petals with a finger covered in dried blood.

"If we go to the hospital, whoever did this could be waiting for us..." He didn't have the composure to think about whether he would be able to defend Mamen or Levi, not that they particularly needed it. He just couldn't stand the thought of looking his would-be assassin in the face and seeing the disappointment from them in realizing they had failed.

"Do you like this flower? I think they are used for decoration back on Earth." He recalled seeing that one time on the late night programming, low volume with bright blues and greens washing out the sterility of his cleanly home.

Levi Jones likes this.
  4. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Then I'll just have to shoot them first..."

Levi's brow furrowed as she packed the exit wound on his back with gauze, using very little delicacy because ... well, he couldn't feel it anyway. The blood continued to flow and she surmised it wouldn't take long to soak through the packing. They'd have to move quickly once she had him dressed. Applying a patch to his back she shifted where she stooped, leaning to do the entry wound when rather suddenly she found a flower in her line of sight instead of a bleeding abdominal hole.

She blinked, brown gaze shifting from the flower up to Luka's face. A thin line formed on her lips - this wasn't the time for flowers.

"It's lovely," a distracted reply, Levi leaned to look around it and began packing his front, "but it's not going to stop you from bleeding. Put it down and press your hand over this patch.

["Mamen, call Gil and tell him to meet me at the lower deck. I don't think we're going to make it all the way to the hospital without him."]

5. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He offered a warm smile at that, though the thought of her having to shoot someone for him wasn't the way he was hoping things would go. Quite the opposite, actually.

He blinked sleepily as she worked on his back, giving him vivid memories of her standing over him in the bathroom of Gil's old mechanic shop. It was becoming a trend for someone to be injured, the other stuck cleaning up the mess. He wondered if that was a burden or just the way things worked on Ceres.

"Thank you..." He replied as he moved his hand, forgetting to drop the flower, and proceeded to squash the hydrangea against the packing. He couldn't feel the pain but he could feel the lightheadedness, like he was constantly standing up too fast. "We should..." He took a deep breath. "We should go."

He wasn't sure what Levi had said but he knew Gil's name when he heard it. "Whenever you're ready to go...just let me know."

Levi Jones likes this.
  6. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Right after," Levi began, leaning to pull his shirt over his head again, lifting the man's free arm to thread it through the sleeve, follow by the other, "you're decent to walk in public."

Decent is as decent does, she supposed. She could hear Mamen's wilting voice in the background as spoke with Gil. Gentle coughs, worried inflections.

The shirt was bloodstained, but at least he wouldn't be a walking target with visible wounds. Levi rounded to his other side, the one not full of holes, and pulled his arm over her shoulders, "Let's go."

7. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yeah..." He groaned as he stretched, trying his best to help with putting the shirt on. He probably wasn't much help, if at all, but it was the thought that counted. "That makes sense."

He let out a huff as she pulled his arm over his shoulder. Feeling the weight shift, his vision halted in it's endeavor to black out entirely. Splotches of midnight filled the scene but he could still make out the door and low hanging lights in the room. "Alright, let's go..."

He took a few steps forward, working with her gait, before he decided to make any more comments. "You have really nice shoulders. Like not just nice looking but...firm." He smiled. "Sasa ke?"

Maybe he was hitting on Levi in front of her mom while walking with a gunshot wound, trying to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. Maybe, just maybe.

Levi Jones likes this.
  8. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yeah?" Levi gave a snort as she yanked open the door, "Well thank-fucking-goodness for that," otherwise his ass likely wouldn't be going anywhere excep the fast-track to bleeding out on her floor. Levi didn't have the same strength from before the incident at Purgatory - the recovery was still a road she walked day by day, taking less and less medication, but her will power was still as strong as steel.

Maybe stronger now that she carried the weight of a man who dreamt of dinosaurs on Mars.

She uttered a goodbye to Mamen on her way out and made her way down the steps, down the hall, out into the crowded byway.

"Tell me about your day," Levi said with a slight jerk to reposition his arm that had begun to slide off her shoulders. Had to keep him awake, had to keep him aware, had to keep him moving or they weren't going to get very far, "what did you do?"

9. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He liked her shoulders. He liked the ink too.

He stepped in gait with her, doing his best to not put too much weight on her. She had a dancers physique but he outweighed her by a good deal, there was only so much she could take. But...shoulders...

He snapped out of it as they waded through the crowd after descending the steps. He wasn't sure if his breathing was labored but he felt winded. The eyes given to him by pedestrians could have been because of his shape or because he looked like he just rolled out of a 3 day stint at a bar, getting his lady friend to help him on his way.

Hangovers, after all, were a way of life of Ceres.

"I...uhh..." He stammered. "I tracked down some burgers...burglars. They were stealing burgers. Burger burglars." He chuckled. "Shipment of meat or something. Some rich inner wasn't happy so...they said jump and I said...okay." He looked around as the faces passed in a blur. "Then I picked flowers for you and Mamen from Harrow and took the rail to see you."

He was pretty sure he was missing components of his day. But, for the life of him, he couldn't figure out where he put them.

Levi Jones likes this.
  10. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Seemed the further they went the more his words slurred and lips stumbled. Levi felt her brow furrowing deeper, all sense of amusement vacant from thought, saturated with anger for the move against him and ... concern. She adjusted her grip on his arm, taking him into a crowded line that slowly piled down a stairwell into the lower deck. Gil would be down there somewhere, hopefully.

"Can't tell you the last time I had a burger," she remarked, the comment coming out of a moment of consideration for his day. Levi couldn't hardly remember the last time she'd had real meat rather than the mushroom alternative. Probably in Purgatory when treated to a 5-star meal by one of her clients.

It'd been a while, "I guess I didn't realize I'd turned vegetarian. All those mushrooms..."

They reached the bottom of the stairwell, their slow processing having held up the line quite a bit. Stepping out into the tunnel area she began to look around, "Keep an eye out for Gil will ya, I can't see over everyone's heads."

11. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "We had a lot, back home..." He muttered as he stumbled along with her. "It's a short trip...Ganymede to Londres Nova." He smiled to himself, but for what reason might not be apparent to Levi. In his mind, he envisioned a freighter taking off from the moon with a short flight to Mars proper. And through all the silence of space, it wasn't the thrusters of the engine that could be heard. Just...mooing.

As they finished their descent, the clog of people behind them broke free as they moved around the couple - slowly making their way. It bothered him how slowly they were moving until he realized that it was because of him. Then it bothered him more.

"I think I see something..." His eyes narrowed as he kept pressure on the wound. He was sure blood was soaking through the shirt, more so than just the leavings of the earlier wound. "It looks old...ish. Must be Gil."

Levi Jones likes this.
  12. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Fortunately for him, Levi wasn't looking at his face. She was looking through the crowd, trying to keep him moving but out of the way at the same time. Not very easy, and becoming less and less easy as the weight she felt on her shoulders slowly increased.

"I think I see something..."

She wasn't quite sure why she believed he was even capable of spying Gil in these crowds, but she glanced up at the words with half a second of hope.

"It looks old...ish. Must be Gil."

Levi followed his line of sight and found him to be staring straight at a pillar.

"Nope, definitely not Gil. Let's keep moving. What's your favorite color?"

13. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "You...you sure?" He narrowed his eyes and tried real hard like. And what came up was definitely not a bald head. More like just a bald surface. He was close and that's all the mattered to him.

At the time anyway. Small victories.

They kept moving and he smiled at her question, though his brow quickly furrowed at the thought. His immediate answer would have been cherry red, for obvious reasons. But the question stirred something in him that moved beyond blood loss.

"Orange, almost like rust..." Just like the surface of where he was born.

Levi Jones likes this.
  14. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Like a dark orange?"

She didn't make any connection to Mars, though perhaps she should have. Levi had never seen Mars, herself. Only pictures, and even then she barely paid them any mind. The pictures she wanted to see were of Earth, not Mars.

"Mine's blue. Light blue, like the sky."

Like the pictures of the sky she'd seen, televised and romanticized. Her Earth clients told her the skies didn't look like that anymore, not in the places she'd likely go, but it didn't do to ruin a dream. Pausing as they waited for a clog of people to disperse, she glanced up at him to check the color of his face and clarity of his eyes.

Blue like his eyes.

Levi gave a frowning smile, "Still with me?"

15. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Like the sky..." He blinked steadily, the feeling of being lightheaded getting pronounced. "Like Earth..." He had seen it, in the late night broadcasts when he couldn't sleep. "That's where Gil is from..."

A blue gem in the middle of space between here and the burning sun. But they couldn't see it from here and no one wanted to, because it reminded them of how shitty things were here. And that might bring the balance crumbling down.

Or maybe no one cared and blood loss made the detective dramatic.

"Y-yes..." His vision went dark and he blinked again. "No. I'm..." He turned to dead weight against her shoulder.

Levi Jones likes this.
  16. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    So far so good.

Levi chalked it up to luck, or maybe to his lack of pain reception. Did it allow him to stay afloat longer? Not knowing the severity of his wounds with the lack of pain? She could only hope.

"Y-yes..."

She nodded, "Ok, let's keep-"

"No. I'm-"

Suddenly she couldn't hold him up anymore. Levi bent under his weight, struggling to keep his arm over her shoulder amidst the throngs of people passing them by. Looking at them. Making eye contact. Not a single one stopped to see what the trouble was.

"Luka!" it was difficult to keep him from crumpling into a heap where these people would likely trod on him. She didn't want to think of broken bones and bruises he'd have to nurse. No one stopped.

Not. A. Single. One.

"Fuck!" Levi stooped by him, heaving on him to sit up, trying to collect him in her arms. People were tripping over his legs, stepping on him, yelling at them to get out of the way, "Get the fuck off him!" With a great deal of struggle she managed to drag him off to the side and prop him against a wall. When she looked up she could see a trail of blood across the floor and feel the saturation of it on her pants where she'd supported his body.

Her hands were trembling as she searched her pockets for her hand terminal, digging it out finally and dialing through for Gil.

"Gil ... GIL! Where are you?!"

"I'm on ma way lass, I'm on ma way!"

"Move faster! He's passed out, I can't carry him. He's bleeding-" she was pressing her hand at his front but she wasn't sure it was making much difference.

"I sent Teagan ahead teh find yeh, DON MOVE."

"VERY FUCKING FUNNY."

~~~

"Mrs. Forgrave?"

Levi was sitting in the waiting room, elbows on her knees, face in her hands. Gil sat nearby, his broad figure filling the chair, beady eyes watching anxiously as people buzzed in and out.

"Mrs. Forgrave."

The sound of papers rustling, "...Levi?"

She looked up, "Yes? Sorry."

"Your husband is out of surgery. He's going to be just fine but did lose a lot of blood and he'll need to stay the night for a transfusion and observation. Would you mind signing some papers?"

Frowning, Levi slowly took the proffered clipboard, "Sure ... can I see him?"

"Of course," the Nurse smiled and only now did Levi recognize her from before, "he's just down the hall and to the left. Room 32."

"Thanks."

"You know I'd never know you two were married unless I saw you together."

"What do you mean?"

"Neither of you are wearing rings."

Levi scowled, rising from her seat, "We've had a few medical bills to pay, thanks for the fucking observation," and pushed by the Nurse without another word.

17. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The darkness came and took him. And he was content to have the dreams and the rest. The battle from the rail to Levi's apartment, down through the staircase and towards Gil, it had left him terribly exhausted. And they would see that in his readings, the way he slept soundly even when attempts were made to rouse him from his slumber. He had lost significant blood and put forth so much effort to keep his eyes open, his condition only strengthening his resolve. But...

He slept on rust. The way rust ran for miles beneath the great domes of glass, the sounds of rail stations echoing in the background. But those died and soon enough, it was the rushing blue water that filled the transit. It was a dream of old mars that one could stand on shores of red, verdant swathes behind them, and look out to a horizon that met blue sky with blue ocean.

A dream lost to the young but held by the old. And now Luka dreamed of it in his moment of weakness. Because, any other time, Mars was lost to him as much as he was lost to it. But amidst the darkness, for these passing moments, he cared.

~

Blinking blue eyes open slowly and as he moved to rub them, he felt tethered. Drip fluids and the feeling of a cold sensation rushed through a pin prick on his hand and he fought the urge to rip it out. Looking over, there were bags filled with blood hanging from stainless steel.

He grimaced as he looked around. It wasn't entirely different from the room he sat in when Levi laid unconscious or drugged, speaking very literally on how good Queenie was atgiving head.

"Fuck..." He clenched his fist as he looked around, looking down to find the packing had been replaced a large wrap and otherwise, his ink and skin was there for the world to see. He breathed slowly as he tried to recall what happened but everything felt so far away, so distant and blurry.

Levi Jones likes this.
  18. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He'd still been out cold when she arrived in the room, silent within the faint blue glow. She walked on silent steps regardless, carefully setting down the clipboard on a desk at the end of his bed before moving over to his side. Curious how the tables had turned, infuriating why they needed to.

Why was it always them?

Painted fingers traced the edge of his bed, stopping short at the man's fingertips where they briefly drew across his palm.

"S'at true?" Gil's gruff voice from the doorway behind her.

"What."

"Yeh two married?"

Levi felt her brow furrow, brown eyes shortly glancing back at him over her shoulder. She had no idea if a nurse or doctor was standing in the hall. She was unsure what was at risk but damn if that got out. She'd be chasing the lie all over Ceres.

"...thanks for your help Gil. Couldn't have gotten him here in time without you."

Gil watched her, eyes narrowing, "...does Lil know?"

"I'm going to stay until he wakes up, might be late to the shop tomorrow."

"Mm," Gil frowned, palming his face with a deep breath an da nod, "bring some brek with yeh if yeh are."

~~~~

"Fuck..."

Brown eyes fluttered. She'd been drifting in and out of sleep, curled up in the chair off to the side, but was quite suddenly very awake as she noticed movement from the bed.

"Hey," a grunt as she unfolded her legs and sleepily pulled the chair over to his bedside, "bout time you woke the hell up."

19. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He heard her voice before he saw her. Truth be told, he was considering struggling his way out of here, finding himself back on the rail way, walking back through his day in reverse, and sorting out just exactly what had happened to him. Put a bullet in whoever had put a bullet in him.

But that was the impatient infant in him, living in all the angry men. And he wasn't so set on dying as he used to be.

"Hey..." He licked his lips as he turned his head to the side, suffering from a serious case of dry mouth. Sleepily smiling, he looked over to Levi before that smile shifted to a smirk. "Well, Mrs. Forgrave, you can call off the detectives. I've solved the crime." He patted himself on the wrapper."...I think I've been shot."

He was fairly certain that he had forgotten to really check up on that name reversal. He wondered how the nurses were referring to her now.

Levi Jones likes this.
  20. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Concern painted her expression and she was certain that eventually it would be as permanent a mark as the tattoos covering the rest of her body. Levi wiped a hand over her face, looking around for the glass of water a nurse had brought in earlier and finding it set on the nightstand behind his things.

"No shit?" she brought the glass over holding it for him if needs be, "Then I guess we can all go home."

"Well not quite yet Mrs. Forgrave," the Doctor walked in, answering Luka's unvoiced question, "but perhaps tomorrow. How are you feeling there Detective?"