CERES Attention

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Ally Locke, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Ally Locke

Ally Locke Running away from Fate

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ceres Station
    Mid-day

One would think when you had an unpleasant experience with a certain place a person would completely and utterly avoid it. A smart person would avoid it, but no one ever said Ally Locke was as intelligent as she looked on paper. Ceres had its troubles, but the location in the belt was where she was given an apartment for her dealings with ONI. Her nose wrinkled as she thought of the last meeting she had here, she didn’t think she would ever get her hands into anything like this – especially dealing with Earthers and the weird man that seemed to be the one to observe her.

Getting changed in her apartment was scary, she wondered if he had eyes everywhere – even when her windows and doors were shut. She knew how spy work was, there was always someone with eyes on you either an enemy or an ally. Shaking her head, she adjusted her thought, both always had eyes on you. An agent just prayed it was just an ally watching. Speaking of getting dressed, Ally stepped out of the shower and sighed as she quickly wrapped a towel around her frame. She hated being in the belt there were too many restrictions on water and her showers were cut terribly short. The girl ran from the bathroom, to her bedroom to quickly throw clothes on that were acceptable for the day – her hair quickly dried with the towel and brushed. The benefit for having a natural wave in her hair and having it short – didn’t take long to get ready.

Ally grabbed a few things, she was going to do some observation and ask for a transfer into a ship – hopefully MNI wasn’t still mad at her and she could get onto a ship…specifically the Ortega. Shrugging at the thought she needed to do some of her own little look see at the station. Leaving the apartment was unannounced and she wandered down to the coffee shop she had fallen in love with in recent days. A smile spread across her face as she found her table empty, running over she tossed her satchel onto the table and stood in line with the others. Her eye remained on the table to make sure no one got nosey enough to open her satchel.

@Sophie Iverson

Solaris likes this.
  2. Sophie Iverson

Sophie Iverson Tell me your secrets

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Berth G87, Ceres Station Docks

Sophie stepped out of the airlock and rolled her shoulders, trying to get the kinks out. She was taking the long route home after two jobs back-to-back - head office had told her to stay on call, but that there was no need to rush. As close to being told to R&R as it came, really.

She left her bags with James Ung and Oskar Jansson - the plan was probably to grab something to eat together later, depending on whether they got lucky at the bar. For now, though, she shouldered a small bag and set out for a coffee. If she could find a shop along the way that would put new shocks on her 2mm rivet gun, so much the better. She already had a place in mind.

#2 Sophie Iverson, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Solaris and Ally Locke like this.
  3. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “What would you like?”

“Hot Cocoa!” Ally smiled with enthusiasm and the Belter woman behind the counter stare at the girl with disgust. She quickly picked up on the fact that Ally was not a Belter instead she was a privilege Martian who seemed to have wander too close to the belt. A few choice words under her breath and a string of Belter lingo Ally handed over her cash in exchange for the hot cocoa. When she had first arrived, a fellow Martian leaned over towards her and recommended not to open the lid of the coffee cup. It was an odd bit of advice but ever since then Ally had enjoyed her hot cocoa without seeing what was in the cup.

She didn’t die and she didn’t have random limbs spouting out in odd places so she was above all okay with this. Holding the warm beverage, Ally wandered over to the table she always sat at. The table was located closest to the window. Having a window as big as the one near her favorite table provided the best vantage points where she could people watch and take notes on the different Belters, Earthers and Martians that wandered this part of Ceres station.

Nothing ever exciting happened near the coffee shop, she liked it that way, but it also provided nothing for her to give to either of her handlers. The men were both getting annoyed by it, but Ally was enjoying the quietness for the time being. The cup was brought to her lips and the warm liquid poured into her mouth. It was refreshing and had the right amount of sweetness to counter the bitterness of the dark chocolate. The cup returned to the table and she began to go over the day before’s notes. Yep, nothing happened.

@Sophie Iverson

Solaris likes this.
  4. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Shock and Ore", Level G, Ceres Station

Sophie left the shop smiling, freshly tuned-up hardware tucked away. For all that her powered multi-tools were useful, they did require a lot of (very expensive) maintenance. Even when the company was paying, the price made her wince a little. The proprietor also happened to have a few connections lubricated by Naval Intelligence money. Two birds with one stone, and he always gave her a wink and a smile that offered her a bit more than a professional relationship. Some other time, she always promised him.

She walked out and somewhat aimlessly down a corridor full of assorted shops. The air was full of smells - machine oil, hydraulic fluid, fresh coffee and more human odors mingled together in a heavy mix. Sophie loved places like this, somehow so human despite being thousands of kilometres from home.

One particular smell made her stop in the middle of the corridor and look around sharply. She hadn't had a cinnamon bun in forever...

#4 Sophie Iverson, Dec 20, 2017
    Ally Locke likes this.
  5. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The cocoa kept Ally warm as she glanced from her notebook to the window. She always got oddly cold on Ceres and in space. Mars was warm and she missed home at times. Closing her eyes she remembered small bits of her childhood. They were quickly dismissed as she heard the rough voices around her of Belters. Eyes blinked quickly as she shook herself awake and refocused her attention on those out in the streets.

People walked by and Ally watched. Nothing caught her attention and so she yawned then turned her attention back to her notes. It didn't take long for her to grow bored with the rereading of her notes from previous days. Once more the Martian’s hazel eyes looked out towards the streets again.

This time something caught her attention. A blonde woman. At first Ally stared hard to see if the woman was the one she had so often dreamt about. Her table shook and she was pulled from her day dream. Someone had bumped her table by accident and she sighed with her hand covering her brow. She couldn't be Kay, it would be too perfect. Another heavy sigh and Ally began to draw what she remembered of the blonde woman's features. Drawing was always something that calmed her and parts of her wished she went to art school instead of the academy.

@Sophie Iverson

6. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Coffee and a cinnamon bun."

Sophie had debated whether to go for the Belter accent, but in the end had settled for her cover as an Earther contractor. Sure, it got her a few stares and some angry looks, and she was certain this coffee was going to suck - but sometimes you were what you were.

Someone was at the window, staring out into space and scribbling into a sketchbook. Perfect - a quiet type probably wouldn't bother her too much, and the window seat made it hard for anyone else to come and harass her. She took her steaming cup and paper-wrapped pastry, swung her toolbag onto a hook, and tapped the sidearm tucked into her tool belt surreptitiously (it was between her 2mm rivet gun and the 15mm multitool, which made sense to her).

#6 Sophie Iverson, Dec 20, 2017
    Ally Locke likes this.
  7. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The coffee shop wasn’t too noisy now which was nice for Ally and her people watching. She continued to scribble and draw the blonde woman from some time ago. When she was pleased with it, she flipped back to one she had been working on. Remembering the face of the Marine she had a confrontation with she couldn’t help but think about her from time to time. If things were going to be sparking a war she would have heard by now, she wondered often what would have been different if the MMC didn’t show up when they did? A frown crept along her face as she remembered giving the phone number a call and finding on the other end a rather empty and abandoned mail box.

Her smile faded and a frown creased her face. Looking down at the drawing of the woman’s face – the pen quickly went across quickly as she scribbled out the girl. Ally had gotten some of her hopes up. Maybe she wouldn’t be alone in this coffee shop, maybe she wouldn’t have just been left with these pathetic memories, and Allyson realized how creepy she was drawing these women’s faces. Looking down at the notebook, she sighed. The portrait of Sophie was something she had worked on for a few days now – all that hard work was now a pile of dark scribbled lines.

The pen landed on her notebook and she wrinkled her nose. She had remembered someone ordering a cinnamon bun, that sounded amazing right now, but Ally had already eaten something earlier before her shower. Still, the voice was oddly familiar. Looking away from the window she glanced around and spotted the blonde woman who she had seen down the street from the window. Blinking quickly, she looked down at the scribbled mess and groaned. It couldn’t be the same girl, shaking her head quickly she went back to just randomly drawing lines and swirls over the ruined portrait.

@Sophie Iverson

8. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Sophie caught a glimpse of the woman at the window as she shrugged off her jacket. Not a flash of recognition, but a slow burn, and she kept a watchful eye open - the large window was especially useful, with its huge reflective surface. She didn't seem all that dangerous, even by the paranoid standards of her instructors.

With a moment of realisation followed by guilt, Sophie pulled out her hand terminal and checked the throwaway mailbox she'd given to the possible Martian Intelligence agent a while back... there were a few missed messages. She stopped scrolling after a second and sighed, shaking her hair out.

Well, next ship doesn't leave until tomorrow.

She set her coffee down and took her seat. When the mysterious Ms Locke kept at her scribbling, Sophie reached for her cinnamon bun and tore it in half neatly; she offered it to the other woman.

"Peace offering?"

Ally Locke likes this.
  9. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The scribbling made her feel better. It made her feel less of a fool. Her eyes closed as the scribbling stopped and she put the pen down. How many times did she call hopeful for an answer? Once? Twice? Possibly twice a day for a week. How did she end up like this really? Ally picked the pen up again and turned the page. She slowly began to draw the Marine again.

She didn't get very far until someone said something to her. Ears perked up and a pair of hesitant hazel eyes looked in the direction of the offered sweet roll. She followed from the sweet roll up the slender arm to the face that was making the peace offering. Ally stared for a moment as the wheels in her mind worked. It took a moment and then the penny dropped mentally and she went into a mild panic. Quickly she shut the notebook and did her best to cover the sketch portrait she had begun working on.

Awkward memories poured into her mind from school and girls she would offer the portraits to teasing and mocking her. It never went too far, because of who her father was but it still hurt. The sweet roll hung in front of her and Ally remembered her manners. Reaching out she took it and nodded. A soft sigh and she smelled it.

“Okay, accepted…” Ally felt awkward, but she continued. “Uh sorry about shooting you...and sorry about all the messages - I swear I'm not that desperate!” Maybe she was, but still. The confident agent, the one that had shot Sophie wasn't visible - just the socially awkward Ally Locke. @Sophie Iverson

10. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    It was as if she'd used a taser on the poor girl. Sophie wondered if she should revisit the Martian Intelligence theory, but at least it wasn't that likely to be an ambush. Martians tended to be a bit more direct about things.

The Norwegian woman took a big bite of her half of the bun - even now, the oversized pastry was sizeable - and chased it down with some coffee while the other girl panicked verbally. Sophie took one glance under the table to check... Ally's name? Not very Martian.

Eh.

"Not the first time I've been shot somewhere delicate. Probably the least painful. Whatcha doin'?"

Ally Locke likes this.
  11. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally replayed her messages in her mind. She remembered one of her last ones being somewhat pathetic, mostly because she was drunk. Maybe this was why Kay was MIA, if only Ally controlled her nerves and didn't take 4 whiskey shots to the face. Not important, but she took a bite of the cinnamon bun and smiled. “Oh this is really good!” She happily took another bite and took a sip of the hot cocoa she had bought.

“What I'm up too?” This could have been a dangerous question. Either Sophie was genuinely curious as to what Ally was doing or she was suspicious of what she was doing. Ally didn't have her side arm hidden under her shirt this time. So no shots fired from her. “Uh I'm just watch people. I’m waiting to hear back on some applications I put out. After everything I was fired from my hauler.” Stick to the story Locke.

She looked towards the window and back at Sophie. “Hey, what about you? You're a marine with the UNN what are you doing on Ceres?” @Sophie Iverson

12. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Sophie watched Ally's radar go up as soon as she asked the question, and braced herself for a lie.

Not as helpless as she makes out.

"Fired from your hauler after an MMC extraction?" Wink. "Me? I got caught up in things after our ship left dock suddenly. I'm an engineer normally. And now I'm just passing through on my way back to Luna."

She took another bite. The bun was indulgently sweet, crisp on the outside and immediately softening - Sophie realised her half was disappearing fast.

#12 Sophie Iverson, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Ally Locke likes this.
  13. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    So the Earther was quick to pick up on things. Still that didn't mean she knew who Ally was or what she did for work. This was indeed a sticky situation. To buy herself sometime she took another bite of her cinnamon bun and caught the wink. It was as if someone short circuited poor Allison’s mind as she stared. Why did she wink? Why did she look so cute doing it? Were all Earthers this cute? Ally wondered what Kay looked like when she winked.

Cheeks gaining color as her focus suddenly became the cinnamon roll. She took large bites and devoured them quickly. Pausing, her eyes lifted for just a moment on Sophie's face. “Geez don't do that…” referring to the wink. Sophie was what Ally wanted to be and usually masqueraded as when she was given orders. “Oh? I am an engineer and pilot. And yes I was fired after the MMC extraction.”

A hand wave and Ally did her best to just wave off the fact that she was picked up not by a single marine, but a small squad of them. She would have to think quickly if Sophie pointed that out. “I'm Martian civilian uh they take care of their own.” Pointing and trying to turn the conversation on the Marine in front of her. “You're a marine I'm sure you were extracting Earth civilians ya?” @Sophie Iverson

14. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Sophie couldn't resist playing innocent, acting as if she had no idea what Ally was talking about before giving her a mock-sultry look. She even bit her lip for extra effect.

"Me? Not a marine, though I get Navy contracts a lot. I got myself volunteered to go back out there and grab some wounded and the Sergeant wouldn't let me go without some armour. Have you ever worn that stuff? Designed by men. It catches in all the wrong places."

She made a face and finished off her half of the cinnamon bun, looking at her empty hand sadly before wiping her hands. Probably wasn't wise to go for another.

#14 Sophie Iverson, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Ally Locke likes this.
  15. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally noticed Sophie having finished her cinnamon roll and quickly offered the woman a portion of hers. It was curious, but maybe Sophie was telling the truth. The woman was in shape, but nothing like the Marines she had encountered on Mars. Maybe though Martians made better Marines. They were put through more because of how Mars was.

Yet that didn't describe why Ally was so slender. Genetics right? “Ah, so the UNN was short handed and you got volunteered. Makes sense.” Shrugging Ally did her best not to look at Sophie's face. The sultry look and the lip bite made weird feelings and knots in her chest that she had only experienced once before. The sound of the young Martian's throat clearing followed as she tried to settle herself. Body adjusted and her legs crossed under the table.

“Catches in all the wrong places? I don't understand what you mean? I've never worn armor or any sort beyond what the M- Martian theme parks have for paintball. You know those uh plastic things that go over your chest.” Ally motioned to her best ability trying to have the Earth woman understand what she was talking about. Doing this though made Ally see the finer details of Sophie's face. Shit. Eyes fell again as her slender fingers worked stray strands of hair from her face. “Can you explain?”
    @Sophie Iverson

Sophie Iverson likes this.
  16. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Sophie declined the offer of cinnamon bun with a grateful smile, that only widened slightly when Ally seemed to cross her legs under the table.

Good to know that this part of my box of tricks is still sharp.

She decided to give the poor woman a break and took a moment to think about the next question.

"It's kind of... tight up there if you're bigger than a B-cup. Then it's way too tight further down. Don't get me wrong, I'll take both over being shot, but I'm so sure that the men's suits are more comfy. Not that I've ever asked."

There was a brief pause while they sipped at their drinks.

"Hey, have you ever been to that bakery in Salton? I wound up in Londres Nova after a really good night out once, and that was the best hangover cure I've ever had. Never been back, but I think about it all the time."

17. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally pulled the cinnamon roll back and felt a little discouraged by the rejection. Eh, she should have been used to it. Her life was filled with rejection from pretty girls, but the men her father had paired her up with from time to time never did. They were boring, but Ally did it to please the man who decided most of her future. Thinking about him made her mood slightly sour. Her father was traditional in a sense and he was also extremely frustrating. As she tried to forget the man she left back on Mars, Sophie continued to talk and explained what she was talking about with being caught in the wrong places.

B Cup? Blinking quickly, Ally fought the urge to look below Sophie’s neck. She did her best not to make it obvious, but it was a bit too late and she stared – hard. A hand adjusted her own collar and realized that the men’s armor never really bothered her in general – neither did their clothing. This was because she didn’t have much in the chest department. Slender, that’s what described her. A heavy sigh and she nodded. “I don’t have that issue…maybe it’s why I didn’t understand your comment…” Something inside of Ally died in that moment as she wept internally for her lack of feminine assets.

The bakery in Salton, the question perked Ally up. She knew that bakery quiet well. Nodding quickly a smile spread across Ally’s face. “Of course, every Martian knows about that bakery. Lots of Earthers get stuck in Londres Nova after a good night.” Chuckling, Ally could remember some of the events that happened while she was in the academy. “You Earthers are funny.” Shaking her head slightly she leaned back in her seat keeping her legs crossed. The air of upper-class fell upon the girl as her hands found their place in her lap as if she was used to sitting this way for hours. Back straight and posture perfect Ally nodded once more. “Before coming out to Ceres and such, I lived in Aterpol. So Londres Nova is quiet familiar to me, Salton is a fun place, but the best food and drinks are in Aterpol.” Of course, she didn’t expect Sophie to know the demographic of Aterpol – having it be the upper-class area and the de facto downtown of Londres Nova.

“You travel to Mars often?”

@Sophie Iverson

18. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    Sophie watched Ally's gaze drop a little and dropped her another wink, then watched her straighten as her thoughts went to home. Clearly trouble in paradise, even a paradise like Aterpol. Never a happy story, she thought, and tried to move on. She mentally censored out all that Naval Intelligence had taught her about Londres Nova's most affluent area and kept rolling.

"Long time ago now. We were celebrating graduation. My boyfriend at the time grew up in Aterpol, so I spent a little time there. I don't get to go back to Mars much these days - what with running contracts, and Mars doesn't much like giving theirs to companies from Earth."

Ally Locke likes this.
  19. Ally Locke

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ally loosened her posture, she caught herself falling back into old habits. The MNI did their best to train it out if her, yet she still every so often fell into habits. A soft sigh escaped her lips, the girl mentioned an old boyfriend. Ally wondered what it was like to have one - what it entails and how wonderful it would be to spend time with a significant other. Still thinking she realized that this girl wasn't going to be like Kay. The thought forced a pout in her lips as she nodded.

“I'm surprised Earth companies get any contracts at all from Mars.” A grin swept across her features as she shrugged. “Martians do it better.” Her eyes trailed out the window as she remained casual. “What happened to your boyfriend? Did you get a new one?” She was curious for several reasons. Ally never experienced courting someone and she didn't know how to get someone to like her. Was it a natural thing that occurred?

Her nose wrinkled as she remembered shooting Sophie in the bottom during Ceres. That's one way of not flirting with someone.

@Sophie Iverson

20. Sophie Iverson

Discord:
    HSAR
    Character Biography:
    Bio
    "We used to, but not much any more. Mostly small repair jobs - I work short contracts, so it doesn't matter so much whether the wrench monkey is Earther or Martian. But you know how it is nowadays."

Sophie hadn't given him a thought for such a long time, she had to think for a second.

"Oh, him? It wasn't serious. We broke it off about a month later. He was hot and - oh man - so good in bed, but he could only put two syllables together when he was working really hard."

She smiled distantly. Back then, she just walked into a bar, bought a drink and dragged away the biggest man in the room. Simpler times.

"What about you? Any relationships?"

Ally Locke likes this.